Hi, I am 31 and have had normal periods for the past couple of years. I started my period on Oct.11 and have yet to stop. Three weeks and going. It is not heavy nor am I crampig . My husband is fixed so no questions of pregnancy. It goes from red to a brownish color and small clots. I have been to the doctor and all that was mentioned was possible thyroid problem. The only thing done at that visit was I had two tubes of blood drawn. I am very concerned that there is much more going on. Can someone please help with advice?

I've been having heavy bleeding for more than 20 years. It's pretty much daily, although not all day. Sometimes it stops, and a few times it stopped for 2 years. I get really nasuasiated when it starts up again after having stopped for a long time. Relatives - one her twenties, and one in her eighties, have both had the same problem and the doctor told me it can run in families.

i have a sister who is 21 years old and last year she had a heavy bleeding problem and went to see 3 different doctors about it but the doctors never found what the problem was but the bleeding did stop few months later.my mum said she nor my grandma had that sort of a problem before so not really sure if it does run in the family or if you can ever do anything about but maybe its one of the problems that sorts its self out.

It's good that your sister's heavy bleeding cleared up since that's a scary situation to be in but i don't think it's a very good idea just to wait and see if it clears itself up. With a situation like that it can be pretty dangerous or hazardous to your health so it's best to see a doctor about it. I think it's good that she felt better though. It's a scary situation to be in.

I have also been bleeding for the past 3 weeks, not sure what it is, i thought it was my period at first cause i had all the feeling of a period but now im worried, i havent been to my docs yet but im going real soon, im not heavy and i dont have any pain or nothing just slightly bleeding etc.. see what my doc says, ill get back

Hi ive been bleeding for just over three weeks now, was scared right from the beguinning because wasn't a normal period, i was late to start with, then when i did start bleeding it was only when i went to the toilet and was just coloured wee, the second week was more like a period but no period pains, did stop for a day and half but then started again heavily and having pains. any suggestions on what this could be? :-(

I to am 31 years old and have been bleeding for alittle over 3 weeks, started July 19 and it aug 11 now.. My periods are alwas when they should be and only last 3 sometimes 4 days, also not heavy but its not light eather. I have cramping when its about it start and during, I had a Tubal Ligation 2 and 1/2 years ago so no pregnacy. When I first started it was dark red and now no cloting just as water down Ketchup, been to the doctor and nothen was done yet still waiting for my xrays and ultrasound plus blood work which will be done on the 23 of this month..so I to have not a clue what it could be....

Hi, I am 35 and have had normal periods for the past couple of years. I started my period on sep.3 2012 and have yet to stop. Three weeks and going. bleeding is not that much before 3years dr.told there are small small sists in my utrus.last period was before 3 months.an someone please help with advice

I'm 14 and my periods last an abnormal amount of time. The last time I had it it lasted 3 almost 4 weeks. Should I be worried or is this okay?

You may have endometriosis look it up. I to started at 15 and I'm 22 now but I went to a gynecologist 5 years ago and she told me I had endometriosis she found that out after doing a laprocopsy surgery so get that checked

Your ok periods are always out of balance when your younger mine were . Best thing is stay stress free that affects your period a lot

I have same issues, what was your problem

I'm almost 17. I have a baby that is around 9 months old. When I started my period routine back, it was all normal. But around mid April (let's say around the 14th) I started my period. I had the cramping like my normal period would do. And once the 5-7 days were up. I was still bleeding. I am still bleeding but I have no cramping or period symptoms. (Too much info maybe but it's a mixture of old blood and a bright red blood. With small clots.)
Should I be worried? Should I go to the doctor? Please reply back, thank you.

I was late at one point for my period to start and when it did it was a normal period. However when it ended I hate bad diarrhoea and it came out like blood so I was still wearing pads. Now the third week is here and I am heavily bleeding and what's even worse is that instead of the blood being brown or red, it is black. Really black. Does anyone know if something is wrong with me? I haven't been able to get my second cervical cancer jab and it's making me thing it's that..

I’m having this same problem right now. Did you let everything stop on it’s own?