I just had a period which ended on last saturday now 6 days later i have some brown spotting do you have any answers?

I have problem with spotting after period few times and each time I went to see a gynecologist I got the same answer:” Post menstrual spotting is a difficult diagnosis because it often occurs for unknown reasons” ….anyway if it lasts more than 3 cycles in a row, it would be a good idea to see a gynecologist even if you don't really want to. The only two reasons I can remember now are cervical inflammation (cervicitis) or vaginal irritation. Those are quite treatable if diagnosed correctly, but I don't know of any home remedies that would even come close to treating this other than to just do nothing and see if it goes away. However, one of the doctors told me that it is just "cleaning out" your vagina and old blood looks brown. Is it possible that you are pregnant? If it is my advice to you check a pregnancy test. Brown discharge may occur sometimes early in pregnancy.

That's right. Besides cervicitis and vaginitis, spotting between periods can also be caused by hormonal changes (especially if you are on birth control pills), by thyroid issues, by uterine polyps, STDs, and other gynecological disorders. Spotting between periods can also be quite benign, caused by things like ovulation bleeding (which some women have regularly) or even just very energetic sex during which your cervix was irritated a little bit. 

Because you don't know what the cause is unless you seek medical attention, and serious causes need to be ruled out, it's really quite important that you see your doctor if this continues. 

This is so weird. My period ended 5 days ago. 2 Days ago my bf put his penis in my opening..but he didint go much further. Today I found that after I used the bathroom. I wiped away a small brown spot. I am really worried and wondering what it could be. Could I be pregnant right after I just had my period only 5 days before...and my bf only did that less than 48 hours ago? Please Help. Thanks

NO Pregnancy is not IMMEDIATE...

It takes 6-14 days after fertilization(spem meets egg) for the egg to implant, then you are pregnant.

IF YOU are doing sexual play without proper protection then you are risking pregnancy! You do need to get on some type of birth control! NO parental cosnent is needed, so why not?

I dont even know if I can get pregnant. I have never gotten pregnant yet I have been having unprotected sex for about 4 years. My boyfriend pulls out now for the most part. Can I still get pregnant if my partner pulls out? My period is only 1 day late so far. But I am having cramps in my belly bottom. Please advise.

yes you can still get pregnant.

hi, i just done with my period 9 days ago and yesterday when i urinate i found some brown spotting in my underware and today it got worse, when i urinate there is blood coming with it. anybody have any ideas what's going on? thanks!

My period ended 8 days ago and now I am having light to dark brown discharg which has been happening for 4 days. So to sum it up I have had vaginal discharge for 2 weeks. I do not know if there is something wrong? There is no pain and for the most part just a light brown color on the toilet paper when I go to the bathroom. Please help?

Dear cnelson--

Yes, you can get pregnant even if your bf pulls out before orgasm. Men secrete (ooze) a little liquid before orgasm, and that is loaded with sperm, and sperm are made to swim madly. In fact, it is possible to get pregnant without a man inserting his penis: sex play which leads to some of this liquid getting near the vagina can in some cases lead to pregnancy.

That you have not become pregnant in the last 4 years of using this method is no guarantee that it will continue to be safe. Plus it's not fun! You may have just been lucky in your timing, or you may not have matured, or had stress in your life, etc.

One thing is certain: the withdrawal method is not birth control. Keep doing it, and you WILL get pregnant.

okay im spotting 10 days after my period ended, but mines not brown mine's red, nothing hurt or anything at all. My husband and i have been trying to get pregnant for the past 3 yrs with no luck. could this have anything to do with a pregnancy maybe?

if there is blood in the urine, frequent urination or pain when urinating..you should seek medical advice immediately. May be a sign of infection either cystitis or a kidney infection.

Could possibly be implantation bleeding, or, if you have not been ovulating regularly, this could be a sign that you have finally ovulated, especially without being accompanied by cramps. make an appointment with your endocrinologist :!:

HI i'M 18 AND i JUST GOT MY PERIOD ABOUT TWO WEEKS AGO. I GOT OFF ON OCTOBER 29TH AND i HAD SEX WITH MY BOYFRIEND THE NEXT DAY. HE DIDN'T EJACULATE INSIDE ME HE PULLED OUT. NOW A WEEK LATER ON NOVEMBER 4TH I BEGAN SPOTTING ITS A BROWNISH COLOR..COULD i BE PREGANANT?? i DON'T FEEL ANY PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Hello Board...

I am 34 years old. My last period was March 25, 2008 - April 1, 2008. My fiance and I had "protected" sex on Wednesday 2, 2008.

Today, I woke up to pee and when I wiped, I noticed pink on the toilet paper. Last night I had slight cramps in my stomach... lower right side and back. I didn't think anything of it because I do normally cramp a little when ovulating so I thought that this is what it must be.

I've never spotted during ovulation and I'm freaking out a little here. It's not like a period but the color is pink (not brown) and is there everytime I wipe.

Any comments on what this could be?

Thanks