Hello! I am planning to go on diet pills because I have a steady relationship now and we don¡¦t have as many condoms as necessary. We have both been checked and have no STDs, so we don¡¦t have to worry about them. AS children are not considered yet, this is our only worry. I was wondering if there could be any side effects from BC pill, and what is a normal weight gain with the birth control pill? Thx

You know, it has never been proven that birth control pills cause weight gain. The thing is that there are different responses to BC pills. Some women gain and some lose weight, but it is not kind of weight one should worry about if not a model ļ! We are talking about a few pounds up or down, up to 10. Some women experience larger breasts as well. If you are already overweight maybe you should keep an eye on what you eat until you realize what affect the pill has on you!!!!

When I first started on the pill, I gained 12 pounds. I lost 3 pounds after the first month, but thats still a steady 9 pound gain. I am a HEALTHY eater and exercise at least every second day. I've just come to accept the fact that I'm never going to lose the weight i gained (over 2 years ago). Just think of the plus side of the situation though. It's worth it to me.