I've been taking Lortab 10 for a while now. I've actually taken about 20 Percocet 5 and maybe around 60 Lortab in about the past 2 weeks. I had some severe pain and when I found these to work I got carried away. Because of this heavy use can I possibly die if I stop using Lortab COLD TURKEY. I only have a couple left and I'm scared to run out if it could be fatal I have a Fiancee and she is due with our first child in July. I really want to be there. Can anyone help me and know the answer for sure. Thanks so much to all those who may answer.

From everything I've read about withdrawal (and having gone through it myself) you only FEEL like you are dying. It's like having a terrible flu. Sometimes the anxiety makes your heart pound, etc. However, though uncomfortable, withdrawing from narcotics is not fatal. Try to taper down by 10% per day. If you have any access to xanax/valium/klonopin, that will help with sleep and the anxiety - just don't use too much and then have to withdraw from those!!! Lots of hot baths, saunas, whirlpools, Aleve, exercise if you can get the energy. You'll feel lots of chills and bone pain. I sat in a hot bath for three days almost continually. Watching movies kept my mind off the physical symptoms as well. If you aren't taking other meds, a glass of red wine sure takes the edge off!

no you will not die unless you get hit by a bus or a bolt of lighting . you will live and will most liklely find another pain killer to take it's place dont try suboxen instant flu like symtons and a complte disorentated feeling

hey man I feel your pain, i used between 40 to 60 Loratbs 10's a day for 4 years. i would eat 15 at a time. i can personally tell you, it won't kill you. now you will feel like sh*t for about a week, but I promise if you don't stop now it will only get worse for you. you will never be able to control that habit, even if you get down to a few a day. if when you wake up, you can't get out of bed without them, than you in trouble. Also be careful going to methadone. This is an easy switch drug, i know it is supposed to stop the craving. but I have yet to met anyone that hasn't abused it. The withdraws off of it it are even worse and they could possibly kill you. Alll i can tell you is the pain of the withdraws is so worth it. I lost everything family, jobs and my only son. Everyone finally got tired of me, i have a job making over 150 a year and I had nothing to show for it. It conrolled me. Please find whatever it takes in your mind and get away from it, whats a week of pain in your life. It will be a lot better than not knowing you kid. i wish you luck.

No...you won't die. Sweating and insomnia are the most pronounced symptoms. Depression is probably the worst of them. I would suggest an anti-depressant such as Lexapro or Paxil for a while. Strangely enough they seem to help with the cravings you may experience.

At those doses I would be concerned about your liver though..if you gotta do this wing off and switch to oxy's or something for your livers sake

I hear of people taking 15 a day,I dont know how.This makes my question feel..well silly..Ive been taking 10/325 for 2 yrs now,3 day but I actually take 2-3 a day.Well this month lets say I dont have what I should,I think someone got to mine so for 10 days instead of 2-3 a day I can only take 1 a day.I have Xanax but dont really care for them. Im so scared of what is in store for me to take just 1 a day. Im up 18 hrs a day by choice.
Im also debating going to the hospital for a different pain to get a few extra.
Does anyone know how much this will affect me???? Im really scared.

i was taking 3 or 4 of the 10/325 a day. i quit after 6 months. i weened myself off of them by decreasing my dosage. I have to say the withdrawl sucked for 2 weeks i didnt feel the same. It got better and now i feel great. These pills are bad news. they stop working after awhile anyway and your brain thinks there still workin

Prior to rehab, I was taking two 10mg at once....I got out about 5 mths ago and back on them...now I can take 60mg at once. If I do not have any the following day, I sweat profusely, which smells HORRIBLE and I ache sooo bad. Goodness knows what the next day-5days would hold if I went that long without them. I hate myself for ever touching these things. I've never been addicted to anything in my life. I would take these here and there but about 2yrs ago, I started taking them on a regular basis. Not sure really what the "trigger" was that started this whole addiction. I keep trying to play it out...I just think it was something that worked its way up....anyway...I remember when I would take just half of a 10mg and be fine and could take the other half like 5hours later. Now, 30mg doesn't really do anything for me. I'm 5'5 and weigh 130lbs. I'm not big at all and my friend wonders how in the world my body can take taking 50-60mg at once. I'm scared to death. I have children and I can't tell anyone i'm back on these. They will be so ashamed of me and just so much more I just can't even get into. I can't afford to go back into rehab and I can't quit cold turkey because I have children to take care of. Someone please give me some advice...i'm scared because I don't have a way of getting these and I really want to wheen myself off. Should I go to a methadone clinic? Please help!

HI, I have just come off a 6 month habit, 5 to 10 10/hydros a day, and I feel fine. I just felt a little achy and tired, then I felt stressed out. Today is day 4 and I feel almost normal. My hope is that you get off them. I was prescribed these for pain and thought that I could use them sucessfuly. That was my head playing games with me. I was a down out addict for years on a methadone program for 7 years then went colod turkey, now that was really bad. So the sooner that you stop the easier it wil be. I am in AA, but I never told anyone about these pain pills. that was my down fall, now everyone knows, That helps. Good luck

I am in day 3 of my lortab withdrawl. I am starting to feel better, except for the numbness in my head and having trouble sleeping. I don't understand why people are reccomending using other drugs, such as valium or zanax? I have been addicted to xanax before, and trust me the withdrawls are 100 times as worse then the lortabs!!! The best way is to go cold turkey and don't take any other drugs to help! Try tylenol pm or ibuprofen for aches, and take alot of hot baths. Surround yourself with a good support group and be honest with yourself and others. I was clean for 6 years before my relapse and hope this is the last time I face withdrawls! No, there not fun but being clean is so much worth it, not only for your self but for your loved ones and friends! A week of pain will gain you a lifetime of freedoom!!!!!!!

Hey I too am addicted, ashamed to admit it because I tell no one. I am all alone in the addicition. My husband got hurt really bad and was prescibed lortabs so I started to taking them on them hard days. I abused it and became addicted. Felt the need to have them for everything I do even to get out of bed. Its really hard to overcome but if I can do it you can. I couldn't quit because I have 2 children I had to take care of and the withdraws are so bad u don't want to do anything besides finding a fix. Eventually I had enough! I found suboxone on the street and got me enough to last a week believe it or not it helps as long as u don't become addicted to that also. It makes you feel better after you've taken a few and you're out you don't feel the withdraws no where near as bad. Any way if you need help ask a doctor. They can help you!

No, you most certainly wont die from going cold turkey from loratabs. However, your stomach might feel like it is dying because you don't have an appetite or any energy to even fix anything to eat.........i got up to taking 40 loratabs a day, ridiculous i know.......i didn't even get high except for the first 10 in the morning that i took.....now ive been on a methadone clinic for 4 years........and trust me you dont want to go to a methadone clinic for a loratab addiction i don't care how many you are taking. If i would have known what i know now about methadone i would have never started the program however the people that work at these FOR PROFIT clinics will tell you that you need help and methadone is a great way to help you. Do not listen to this. Either take the loratab the right way or get off of it by tapering through a doctor that you know or go cold turkey........going cold turkey you feel better on the 4th day.........as to methadone you don't even start to feel the worst until about the 10th day and it goes on for a couple of weeks like that.

i have been taking loratabs 7.5 for a year and a half now i just recently quit cold turkey and let me tell you this its hell on earth you feel like you have the flu and diaherra is endless plus the aches headaches nausea is no fun i rarely took more than 4 a day for my bulged disk but im gonna tough it out now and hopefully i wont ever go back to them

Well I to am a recovering addict, I have been on lortabs for the past 3 yrs. I only took 1-2 a day when I first started then it went to 3-4 a day and I finally got up to 5-6 a day. I no longer take them. I finally stopped when I realized I was taking 5-6 a day. It scared me and it got really expensive and I found myself going to the doctor more for every little ache an pain. I realized that the person that I was, was not me. I would get really lazy when I didnt have them and feel really sick. So I knew it was a problem and as much as I love the feeling it gives me, I know that it is not worth it and I hate to see other people go through this, I watch my mom suffer from the same addiction still and she takes 20-25 a day and I also watched my ex husband go through the same thing, he was taking 20-25 and doing what ever he had to do to get them. It is not healthy, these pills should not even be allowed in doctors hands, because there are other meds that do help for pain, that arent addictive. Well as for as the cold turkey, I think it is the best and all you need is over the counter meds and forget about the xanax and valium, thats just something else to get addicted to. The cold turkey only lasts 4 days. After the 4 day you will be fine and get some anti-depp from your doctor that will help out alot too, because you will feel down for awhile. But all you need is imodium,tylenol,emetrol,and try and get something to help you sleep. Just be strong and fight the anxiety because it only gets worse if you go back. You have to be strong and know that the longer you take them the more you will need and it will get to a point when you wil never have enough. 4 days is worth it, trust me..................... I wish you all luck and be strong it only gets better from here if you stay sober