HELLO I HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO PAIN MEDS FOR 16 MONTHS MY FIANCE IS ALSO ADDICTED. WE HAVE THREE CHILDREN AND IT'S TIME TO STOP. WE TRIED IN NOVEMBER AND IT ALMOST KILLED US WE COULDNT EVEN TAKE CARE OF OUR CHILDREN IT WAS ABSOLUTLY AWEFULL. I NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO CONTINUE TO LIVE A NORMAL LIFE WHIEL TRYING TO KICK IT. WE HAVE BEEN ONLY OC 80S FOR 14 MONTHS AND OUR TOLERANCE IS WAY TO HIGH THE ADDICTION TAKES EVERY PENNY I HAVE AND I'M TIRED OF GOING THRU THIS AND PUTTING MY CHILDREN THRU IT. I CANT GO THRU WHAT I DID IN NOVEMBER. I HAVE A MENTAL ADDICTION AS WELL CUZ I LIKE TO DO THEM THEY MAKE ME HAPPY, BUT I CANT CONTINUE DOWN THIS PATH. I KNOW I NEED TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE HELP
K

hi, i am on day 2 of kicking a codeine habit again
it's never going to be easy mate no matter what you choose

i've read - loperamide (immodium) is v. good for diahoreah
an anti-histamine such as diphenhydramine is good for sleep (but it didn't help me sleep one bit)
multivit just to see your body through, protein if you can eat it

i've never found anything good for the depression that it brings apart from being with my friends (after the 3+ days)

maybe try to taper first?

Get everyone who loves you together. Tell them you are addicted. Ask for help. Do not worry about the consequences of this. (The consequences will be worse if you don't get help). Google Ibogaine. Google addiction. Do it for your kids, you've been terrible as parents long enough and you want to stop and be great parents, great people. Quit hiding. You NEED help. Your egos are not more important than your kids or your REAL selves. Actions are what is needed here, not words. Do not let ANYTHING or ANY excuse stop you from getting the help you need. You CAN do it. Millions of others have. Follow through. You're going to be so happy you did.

i was addicted to ocs as well and for about the same time period you and ur husband have been using. i don't know wanyway to get through it at home. Like someone said earlier there is over the counter meds but they don't help. I can remember the days I didn't have anything. I couldn't get out of the bed or do anything. I had to get help. I went to rehab and now I am on subutex. I'm sure you don't wanna leave your kids but maybe the suboxone program is something you could look into. It is expensive but so are OCs!!

1st off your not a bad parent so disregard what that retarded stated. people who are prone to depression take antis an it makes you even worse,because the reason your depressed is that your feel good receptors are not as strong as your bad receptors so whats the only thing that makes your feel good receptors strong.......... pain meds.im not saying everyone who gets depressed once in awhile to pop some ocs but to people that are clinically depressed need ocs or any pain med,also 80s are not the strongest they have a time release on them 30s/blues are by far the strongest,they are pure.Also would you rather your children to have happy parents or parents they see in a phyc ward??go to a doc an get them ligit an get a second job anything is possible.dont listen to people who have no knowledge on what they're talking about not just bashing people because they have no lives,also if you are interested in quiting and dont wanna be embarrassed by tell everyone you know that you have a problem go to a pain management doc and tell them the truth and they will give you something called Suboxone to kick feeling like c**p,stay strong and dont let anyone EVER bring you down because when it comes down to it they are not doing what you do everyday you have 3 full time jobs and there are many people out there at the end of the night who drink a couple glasses of wine and thats not a problem then what is,whatever your focused on stay there regardless of everyone's opinion even mine!! :-) :-)

Hello, I am going to agree with "Guest". NO ONE understands what you are going thru except you, even if they have been thru a similar addiction themselves...their body may have handled it differently.

This is taking a lot for me to say..but I am addicted to OXYCONTIN right now. I got online to try to find some "free" help and found this site. I can't afford OXY's nor treatment programs..so I thought I would try herbal remedies but I am not having much luck there either.
As much as I hate to see people going thru this, I am glad to know that I am not the only one going thru ADDICTION.

My brother died from taking OXY's at the very young age of 17, and I swore I would never take them....I met a guy that I fell in love with and little did I know, he was taking them. So being the young and weak minded individual that I am, I started taking them as well. That was 3 years ago. I married my man, and we have three beautiful girls, like the lady above. I felt like I was reading about myself when I first saw here post. I honestly don't know how we/I got this far into them. We have been "talking" about quitting for about a year..but have not been successful because we hate feeling so horrible, which leads to taking more. Now, my husband's job is not giving him the hours that he once was and we are broke. I can say that we are not totally at rock bottom because I am in school. I am going to graduate in about 6 months..so I have that to be proud of as well as my kids...but as much as I love them...I still can't shake this addiction. I can take up to four 80's in a day, and I have taken up to six 40's a day. I am only 100lbs but I can tolerate large amounts, this is what scares me the most . If I quit cold turkey, it could kill me. Today, I have nothing to take nor can I find anything...so needless to say..I am very sick today.

About 5 years ago, I had a 4 year addiction to crack. I beat it by myself, but it does not have the side affects that OXY's have. You can pretty much sleep it off and feel ok in a couple days. What I am feeling from the side affects of OXY's is a total opposite feeling/recovery.
Last night while "trying" to sleep..I decided to get up because my legs wouldn't stop jerking...I decided to put notes around my house to remind me that I can do this, but it is going to take time. This is what I wrote:

~To Thine Own Self Be True~
God,
Grant me the SERENITY to accept the things I can not change,
COURAGE to change the things I can,
and WISDOM to know the difference.

I am trying to be strong-willed, but this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. It is not that I don't want to quit, or that I don't have a positive attitude...it is that I literally can not lift up my head. OXY's are winning right now...and I am feeling weak and vulnerable. I have had a very hard, tramatic, and disturbing life..which has made me weak and strong. I lack confidence in a bad way. I need help and I don't know what to do.
You know, it is c**p that cops/governments and whoever else want to stop the drug world, but when those of us need help and want to get off drugs..we can't get it. It is very expensive to go to treatment centers and with no insurance we are screwed. Would be nice if someone would find a way to help people like us. On the other hand however, I guess we did chose to do the drugs.

I wish everyone peace, love, and a healthy lifestyle. While I am praying all day...I will also pray for those of us who made the mistake of taking the drugs, for those of us who finally saw the light of what is right (that we lost somewhere along the way) and what is wrong, and for those of us who have pain in their hearts that turned to drugs instead of their loved ones. I am not a bible thumper, really I don't ever go to church...but I do believe in faith. Good luck to all! ;-) :-D

this is easy i have been cleane off of ocs for 7 months now its all in your head after the first month, if u can get threw the first month ur golden XD

i been takeing oc s for a year or so and i want off them so bad i us :( e to make thousands of dollars a week but when the economy went down i got depressed and went through some break ups on top of that i stated to have pain in my back but didnt have any helth insurance so i dionosed my self i stated takeing vics for a while they worked but then i had to take more so a friend gave me a oc and said snort it it takes the pain away faster so being the dumby i am i took it i was happy felt great but then i could not find any and started feeling so ill and didnt even know why my legs jerk wanted to tighten up cold sweats and got diarea set in basically the worst feeling you can think of if i would have had some helth insurance i could have prevented all of it our goverment sucks i hate them they spend billions on bombs and war but cant even help the us citizens get helth insurance thats the devil for ya well any how take my advise and never ever start takeing the drug oxycotin or any pain killer you think you have pain before naaa you will see pain and sickness like never before i lay in bed at nite and cant sleep or even be happy with my wife if i would have got treated for depression that causes pain and it does i am on cymbalta now and its not even prescribed to me eaither but i knew what was wrong so f**k our goverment cause they are heartless bastards and only care about there selfs but karmas a m f****r so when judgement day is here they will all pay for what they have done we aint crack heads that dont want to work or do right we are normal good people that just fell off our edge and game and just have to fight back and over come this always remember this to shall pass i want to work and play with my daughter so to those going through this to there is nothing u can do if you want off them but go through tha with drawls and hope you dony have a sezure good luck and god bless you to the right pathCode:

I know its tough what your all going thru. I have been on pain killer off and on for years now for varios medical reasons. Currently I have been on pain killers steady for the past 18 months and on oxy for the past 4 months and even though I still have pain I need to quit. Im taking 90mg per day and not sure what to expect from stopping cold turkey. Gradually reducing doesnt work for me, I need to get the withdrawls over with all at once. I have never taken with oxcy before 4 months ago and the sysmtoms I imagine will be worse than anything I have been thru yet. Any advice on what to expect and how to reduce the sysmtoms.

Guest: 12:45 post: Your post was very inspiring. My story, and that of my wife, is exactly the same (minus the crack addiction). I feel lost but not alone. I am the addict who you would never know was one. It started after i got my teeth pulled two years ago, started with hydros and slowly found my way to oxy. We are 30 year old professionals, work our jobs every day, eat well and exercise, go bowling on sundays, movies on wednesdays, take the dog to the park, ride bikes every night, brunch with the family on sundays...But we can do all of this, all of this, because we depend on the oxy in order to live a "real" life. Without the oxy, we are worthless (not in a negative self esteem way) on a daily basis. As you say, we iterally would toss and turn all day, smoke cigarettes endlessly, and cry for more to our hook up (who is not a dealer, but somebody who truly needs them, but needs money too, to help her with the cost) Granted, my wife still get up and goes to work and I dont know how she does it. I work from home, so you can imagine my dilemna each day. Often I find myself jealous that at least she has a place to go, that keeps her busy, and her mind off the drug. We are not heavy users, we do 30's, and only about 2 each a day, maybe do our last line at 9pm, so we often go through withdrawl each and every night, waking up feeling like sh*t. its not til we make it to the bathroom to take our first bump can we get our days started. and then she goes to work while all i can do is sit at my computer and fight the urge to go bang out another line. i have the money to buy more on a daily basis, but i am holding on to my last straw of self restraint. dont know how much longer i can do that. we keep talking about quitting, but its the same story as the rest of you. and we always say we will def quit before we have our first child. again, something i am worried about after reading many of your stories. i often find myself justifying the pills, cause they make me feel stable and happy...and why cant i feel happy like everyone else? i mean, some people are just naturally happy, and some people need help. so, whats the big deal, right? wrong. i know thats the dependence and addiction talking. i should also mention that i have been on paxil for the last seven years. so you can see that i have depended on drugs to keep me happy for some time now. its just that oxy works faster and better than the paxil. my fingers hurt and im feeling antsy so im gonna log off now. hope to hear from some of you. and for those trying their hardest to quit..im sending positive vibes your way.

WORST IDEA EVER UNLESS UR TRYING TO LOOSE YOUR KIDS... TRY TA GET SUBOXONE YOULL THANK ME AFTER WARDS :)

GET SUBOXONE, WORKED LIKE MAGIC FOR ME // NO WITHDRAWALSS AT ALL AND NON ADDICTIVE :)

Subs are addictive

I just got my son out of detox, this has been the worst week of our lives. I call it shock therapy! My son is ok, still withdrawing I think. I would love to know how long it takes to competely be rid of the symptoms of opiate abuse? I have him scheduled for IOP starting this week ( Intensive outpatient therapy). Does anyone have advice?

I'm currently in the same boat you are. It breaks my heart. I've lost almost everything and I'm 48 yrs. old. I lost my wife, my son. They moved back home to the states. I lost my job over a yr ago. Only thing material I have now is my home which the bank should be locking on me within the next six months. But even more importantly, I stand to lose my fiancee and my stepdaughter. She has no idea what these cost and what I've done to us financially. I have no "close" family to turn to. Lots of family, just never been really a family. Divorced very early. I'm also addicted to alcohol and have been since a very young age. I drink no less than 12-15 beers a day to go along with the 200 mg of ocs starting first thing in the morning, as early as 7:30 a.m. The ocs, I've been taking for 6 yrs. now, and have never had a script. Chronic pain was the beginning of this problem. My doctor wouldn't prescribe me any narcotics and he did try everything else but even if they would work, they won't now. I want nothing more in the world than to quit. If you find a solution or some miracle drug to help at least sleep on those nights that would be a start. I wish you all the best and I'm sorry to hear of your brother. I've been kidding myself all these years thinking that I could do this alone. I can't. I can't do anything at ALL with at least 2-40's and 8-9 beers in me and it's pathetic. I've considered ending it all and once went as far as hooking up the pool hose to Van exhaust but couldn't do it to my children. I hope that somehow we and others can survive this hell called Life.
Sincerely,
John
Ontario, Canada