I was taking Lortab for the past few months to release my pain. Once I noticed that they were not helping anymore so I decided to stop taking them. I stopped cold turkey about 2 weeks ago and after a few days, I started having strange feelings. I was thinking could Lortab cause withdrawal effects. Did anyone experience similar situation, I would like to hear it.

I have to tell you I used Lortab too, and once I stopped cold turkey I noticed withdrawals. I felt it like a buzzing, tingling sensation in my head, which worried me a lot. I thought I was addicted, although I never was trying to get high, and I am not even a drinker. I was having headaches, pain, and the crazy sensations in my head and back. They are very similar, maybe worse, to the feelings I had when I weaned off Celexa. I have heard that taking Tramadol will help with the Lortab withdrawals. I am assuming that is caused the weird feeling in my head. I am hoping that it will help the withdrawal and my pain, so that I can function again. I did not visit my doctor yet; somehow, I cannot find it as the best solution. He does not understand me, so I cannot give you prognosis for Lortab cold turkey withdrawal. All I can do is to share my experience, as I did.

Hey with your headaches. My boyfriend was taking loratabs and his doctor attempted to put him on tramadol. The tramadol caused bad headaches for him and his doctor told him in some patients it will do that. He does not take the tramadol at all now because of that. It may not be the lortab withdrawel giving you the headaches. FYI.

Information about medicins

The Lortab is the brand name for the combination of acetaminophen (Tylenol) and hydrocodone. Lortab is prescribed for moderate to moderately severe pain. Hydrocodone binds to the pain receptors in the brain so that the sensation of pain is reduced. Acetaminophen halts the production of prostaglandins which otherwise cause pain. It is available in tablet, capsule, and liquid form and is taken every 4-6 hours by mouth. Since hydrocodone can be habit forming, care must be taken to follow the doctor's instructions when taking Lortab. Do not take a larger dose, or take it more frequently, or take it for longer than the doctor has prescribed.

Another medications are
10 325 Hydrocodone (related to codeine) is in a class of drugs called narcotic analgesics.
10 325 hydrocodone is used to relieve moderate-to-severe pain and a cough
suppressant
The combination of acetaminophen and hydrocodone comes as a tablet, capsule,
and liquid to take by mouth.
It usually is taken every 4-6 hours as needed.

Vicoprofen this is supplied in a fixed combination tablet form for oral
administration.
VICOPROFEN combines the opioid analgesic agent, hydrocodone bitartrate, with
the nonsteroidal
anti-inflammatory (NSAID) agent, ibuprofen.
Tylenol #3
Tylenol 3 is a narcotic pain medication that contains both Tylenol
(acetaminophen) and Codeine.
Codeine is a prescription strength narcotic pain reliever and Tylenol is a
very effective over-the-counter medicine.
When the two are mixed, the pain relief is greater than if only one was
taken.
And the Flexeril may be taken with or without food.
Flexeril should be used only for short periods (no more than 3 weeks). Since the type of injury that Flexeril treats should improve in a few weeks, there is no reason to use it for a longer period.
If you want more information you can go to www.crdrx.com
thanks
;-)

Lortab withdrawal can cause headaches, insomnia, irritability, constipation, loss of motivation, and many other symptoms.

it goes away after 2 weeks at most, but lasts atleast 7 days. Painful, but one of the only effective ways to quit. Weaning off of it only helps reduce how much withdrawl pain there will be. But if you can deal for a short while, it will all go away.

Well, my mom just decided to quit Lortab cold turkey because she realized she was going out of her way to get it and over paying for it, finally. She could not sleep the entire night and kept moving from the couch to her bedroom to the kitchen. She had to take off work today. She is experiencing chills, diarrhea, nausea, irritability, insomnia, 'charlie horses', and she is completely miserable. I wish I could do something for her... How long does this usually last?

ive been taking at least 3 tabs a day for 5 months straight i have back problems but was taking them while i was drinking cuz i found myself a lot more talkative and just like the overall high i realized that i would start to get worried if i ran out or was getting low i would get real irritable if i was i decided today i was going to just stop for good i got tired of spending 100 to 200 dollars a time on them and would only last a few days i am experiencing cold chills irritability cant sleep cant get comfortable and the point that i know i don't have anymore is killing me mentally but i have to stop cuz i don't feel like myself anymore ugggggh ill tuff it out writing this post has helped a lot people don't realize that this drug is VERY ADDICTIVE cuz ur body gets ammuned to it and reliant on it

i here you all. I completely understand what you are feeling. If you are experiencing rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, severe anxiety, insomnia, etc, ask your doctor for a prescription of clonidine. It is a blood pressure medicine that greatly reduces the withdrawal symptoms. Any doctor should know that this non addictive drug will help you with your withdrawal. I ve used it many times with great success on my own and in rehab. Only drawal back is that it will make you sleepy and fatigued. but sleeping it off is not a bad thing when you are in misery.

Iv'e been a Lortab addict for five years now.Iv'e known the effects that Lortab has on your body when you are detoxing. the best way to describe these feelings are just pure agony. Iv'e been detoxing now for four days,and i wish i could say that the withdrawal symptoms have gotten easier but i'm still hopeful.My symptoms include diarrhea,abdominal pain,runny nose, loss of appetite,loss of sleep,dilated pupils,etc.I can say this for certainty,"never again"those pills are anightmare.[/list]

Tell you from experience, Lortab is a drug that should be used with lots and lots of precaution. This drug is habit forming and will cause you to withdraw if you take it for any amount of time.

When you start to come off of it, and you will or you will be out buying it on the street, you going to feel bad for days. It will not be the worst feeling the first day but your crapeness only starts to go up from there. After about three days and going back and forth to the bathroom you start to hit the no sleep stage. Then you do that for about another 4 days. O-yeah I need to add you will be in pain anything that hurt is going to hurt. You will not be able to eat you will find yourself making yourself do it because your tired of just passing water (both ways).

I'm not writing this to make anyone think they should not stop taking Lortab but to make you think twice about taking them.

I hope this helps some of you who are addicted to Lortabs.. I was taking 8-10 Lortabs a day for almost the past 4 yrs. I finally got so sick of them running my life that I decided to quit. The worst thing you can do is quit cold turkey, so about 3 weeks ago I started taking only about 3-4 per day, then after a few days dropped down to 2 or so then I would split one in half and take in the morning and afternoon, then I took just a half a day for 3 days and I am proud to say that I have been free of Lortabs for a week now and I find it hard to believe that I was hooked on them. I did have withdrawals symptoms of leg pain and irritability and diarrehea but that is nothing compared to how good I feel to be off of them! Please I know if I can do it anyone else can too!

i have been on lortab for over ten years, everyday, started taking it when a friend of mine introduced me to it.. and at first i was thinking why would anyone take a pain medication if they werent in pain... well i found out, i took one, need i say more.. i loved it.. i could work harder, i was always shy but when i took a couple tabs i was the friendliest guy in the classroom... i am in pure hell now... not that i take five a day, i dont, i just take enough to keep myself from withdrawing.. prolly three or four a day, and it keeps the crazy away... but i buy off the street, around two hundred dollars a week.. i make enough money to support my habit, but i am in hell, i am soooo in bondage to these pills.. one of my local dealers has been popped and now is gone, and i have no way to find them anymore... friday i have thirty coming, and with those i hope to god i can use them to stop... its so hard, its a painful withdrawl. the flu comes to me first, then the craps, and no sleep, the anxiety, lol and more.... i pray to whatever god you all believe in that you find a way to liberate yourselves from this stuff.... i have been sober before and can say, life is better without meds used to get high.. energy and life come back.. you will laugh honestly again, smile more and be able to love your family and friends like you should... i need prayer people, please if you never have prayed for anyone in your life, please pray for me.... i will detox from june 20 til june 30, please pray for me, please... i got a six month old son, and a wonderful wife, i work a good job, and i need prayer to kick this habit..... its so hard, its become part of my life, and i dont want it anymore... most of you know how hard this is, and for you i ask, to keep me in mind.....i am so miserable chasing after the drugs anymore.... i need friends i can tell this to, but it has been my secret for ten years... please pray for me one time..... thanx you my fellow friends... i will pray for you as well, and thats a promise... ill write my progress on here while im detoxing and if any cold meds or anti diarreah products work for me... i am so nervous because i know waht hell awaits me.... im scared to death of this.... but i have to do it, my liver is prolly so screwed up i dont even wanna know...... again, god answers prayer in my mind... please pray for me...... thanx jgr

I am also addicted to lortab. I started taking just a couple a day to "feel good" and now a year later I'm up to about 10 a day. I'm now trying to stop taking them and it's the hardest thing I have ever experienced. I have been sitting here reading all of the posts and I can't stop crying. I have been sick all week. Haven't been to work all week. It's been 5 days since I have eaten a full meal. I'm so hungry but can't force anything down. I have been taking 2 a day the past 5 days and the withdrawls are awful. Diarhea, hot and cold flashes, dry mouth, can't sleep, irritable...I feel like sh*t! Now I'm out and can't find any. I honestly don't want any, I just want this feeling to go away. Please please pray for me.

I've been addicted to lortabs for just over a year. I've been taking anywhere from 8-18 7.5's and 10's a day and spend upwards of $300 a week on them. I'm a full time college student and work as a delivery driver for a pizza place so as you can imagine that's about half the money I make per week. I've decided enough is enough and while I'm still on summer break I need to get my life back on track so I too am preparing to withdraw and can honestly say I'm terrified. I've never fully make it through the detoxing stage I've started and gone about 2 days before with such symptoms as; body aches, fatigue, anxiety, hot and cold chills that are pretty awful, the craps etc... I'm really worried that it's going to get a lot worse as the days go on and am curious as to how long aprox it will last in total? With the type of work I do I hardly feel safe when I'm experiencing this multitude of symptoms. I wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to how to lessen the effects also? I have a 3 day weekend coming up starting Saturday and ending Monday and I'm wondering if those 3 days should be enough time to get over the worst of it and get back to my drug free life. Thanks AP