I have been taking Lortab 7.5/500 since August 06. I have take it anywhere from every three hours at double the dose to now 1 every 6 hours. This was all done under doctores orders for a severe dic compression leading to permanent nerve damage and chronic pain. I also take Klonopin 0.5 4 times a day for Panic Disorder and the nerve pain. I was in Ativan and last week he started the Klonopin and it has helped the nerve pain. They said I will always have nerve pain...I am so afraid that one day the doc will say enough and stop me cold turkey and I hear horror stories about this.. What protocol should a person follow to wean off these drugs after 8 to 10 months... Any input would be greatly appreciated... :)

Find a good neurologist who knows how to wean patients off benzodiazapines. No respectful doctor would take you off them cold turkey. It is too dangerous.

Also, find a new pain management doctor. I suspect your anxiety is caused by the nerve pain, so if you can get the pain under control, you will probably do better in weaning off the anti-anxiety drugs.

Good luck,
SMB

i have been prescribed 6 -10mg percocets , + 2 10 mg valiums for 10 yrs. i have no support system, & i have 30 vocodins , & 60 valiums, help, i am freaking out. no body will help me. i am alone at 55 years old.-please advise?-help

its my third day without lortab's (3-4 a day @ 10/500) I put up with the flu symptoms at the same time as withdrawal. This was large in part because I was afraid to take them on an empty stomach.

My wife passed on a 24 hr bug that for me has turned into a 72 hr bug so far..... How long will this last?

cold turkey is always best especilaly for weak ass lortab and low dose of klonopin