I have been going to the clinic for about 2 and a half years. I stopped at 15mg 5 days ago...cold turkey!!! I can NOT stand it anymore!!! Its like HELL!!! It makes me SO sad hearing all these horror storys and I feel SO bad that people have to go through this! I was a pill addict on and off for about 12years and I KNOW coming off pills is HARD! But it seems like coming off Methadone is worse!!!! I went to the hospital today...i thought I was dying.. the ONLY thing they did for me is fill me with fluids. They sent me home with some Xanax.....0.5 mgs. It helps. At least the anxity part. The anxity is HELL!!! The feeling of someone sitting on your chest. The lack of sleep is hell and hot and cold sweats..no eating...sweaty palms etc. EVERY symptom I am having!!! the dr. at the ER told me that since it was my 5 day that I should NOT be having withdrawls symptoms from Methadone. I told him he was full of c**p and knew NOTHING about Methadone!!!!! Ive read all the stuff about withdrawing and coming off...and im hearing WEEKS sometimes MONTHS!!!! Im SO sick of being SICK!!!!!! I just want this ALL to end! I have a 4yr old...and im alone with her during the day...and I can barly take care oof her!!!!! I can NOT cook her food cuz it makes me Gag! I just feel SO bad! My husband...who has NEVER done any drugs in his life has been VERY supportive...but its hard explaining it to him..cuz hes never been there!  I DONT want to go back to Methadone...ive made it 5 days!!! but its ALL thats on my mind...if I just dose...I would feel SO much better!!! Mind over matter i surpose! I wish It could be easier. Im taking Zinc...and fiber...and I just got b12 today and pottasum. Hopefully that will help! I feel like my inmmune systom is WAY down. I am SO weak! I just want to feel normal. Has ANYONE done what I have done? Quit cold turky at 15mg? like i said Xanax DOES help...but i only got 15 of them...and I dont want to get addictided to them...so im streaching them out. (hopefully) Im also taking Melitoin to sleep. IT does NOT work. Well...i guess it does a little...at least im sleeping 2-4hrs a nite. I want to BE normal!!!!!!! Does it end? lol

I feel for you cause I know what a pill withdrawl is like, I have never heard of anyone having trouble coming off methadone.  All I can tell you is to be strong you made it five days and people who have never been there dont know how big of an accomplishment that is!!!!! wow especially after it being in your life for that long! Tell you the truth today is my day three. since we had a baby 7 months ago ive been doin pills on and off to help me first deal with the hospital then to be super dad, now that I feel like myself again its the greatest feeling, just to have that natural happyness and energy, to not think that theres something out there to make me feel amazing, cause really after you start abusing them you start getting irritable and moody and your not as high anymore and its really not fun.  Stay strong, think positive and please drink lots of water, its so important for you to eat right now, and if or when you ever start getting irritated with your kid just remember they love you and have no idea what your going through and its not there fault, hope this helps a lil?

Im trying to detox myself from oxycodones and methadones and im having a hard time,between the chills the vomiting,diarhea,and nausea,and worst of all the legs kicking!!! I went to emergency for help they do not do inpatient detox anymore cause they say its not life threatning so he sent me home with a couple clonidine,so i tried a different hosp.same thing but he at lest gave mr nausea,diarhea,and clonidine patch. But nothing stops the kicking and thats what i hate most. Ive been giving these two drugs from a Dr. for 20yrs.now and i want off because the abuse has taken over but ut looks like im on my own,Its funnynits easy getting prescriptions for them but your on your own to get off. But if i had tons of money theres help out there!!

for your childs sake,do not do a detox from methadone at home by urself during the day while ur husbands at work.im going through it now from a 6 yr at 35mg dose and ive never had any opiod do this to me.it got so bad i went to commit suicide and my wife knew something wasnt right because i had been talking i couldnt take it anymore.when i walked down the train tracks behind my house,she had police come and help.they held my guns for 8 days and only thing i could do is see a dr and got on lortab for my back and im still feeling it.you need your husband to read up on the hell of meth.punch in like i did,hell from methadone.its the worst of them all.if you can,drop i mg a week.they kicked me out on a 5 day detox from 35 mg because i was 150 dollars behind.24k dollars paid in and its all went to hell.dose 4 now if ya can and do it 1 mg a week.its better than cold turkey,u need to do that for u and ur family,bless you all,mike

ok so i have a question my bf quit methadone 85mgs 6days ago hes got restless legs and doesnt sleep im not sure how it really feels to be him or one of yall so i have been doing my research he quit cold turkey and we no longer have insurance soooo what over the counter things can help him get by.. hes getting crabby uighhh!

It makes me sick of Dr's not knowing anything about methadone. I am on day 6 and 100mg's a day cold turkey and I don't dare go to the ER because 2 years ago when I was withdrawing I went to 4 different Er's to get help and they told me the same thing. Consider yourself lucky to get Xanax for real!!! I Was given Phenergan for the vomiting and that was it. I take it for chronic pain and had to give a buddy of mone some because he ran out early,I will never do that again because I have never gone 6 days without..maybe 3 or 4 or 5 at the most...but day 6 is a whole new animal...and yes withdrawels can last up to 3 or 4 weeks depending on your dose and how long you took it! I should get some more tomorrow after noon after all that is only 20 hours aaway!!! but you are right it is hell it makes vicoden withdrawel seem like childs play..in fact I would give anything to go back to the Percocet and Vicoden days withdrawel was over in 3 or 4 days.