I am having a cold. They usually call it common cold. I don't see anything common about it. I only feel that I can't breathe, that my nasal passages are full of mucous, that I have fever and that my head hurts. I am going to take Tylenol for cold. Can I mix it with Sudafed?

I have tried to find any interaction between Sudafed and Tylenol. I am not a medical expert but I have first hand experience with it. I have tried it during my "session with the cold". Tylenol helped me to reduce fever and Sudafed has its positive influence on my breathing, by constricting blood vessels in my nasal passages.

Hello there,

I agree with the poster above me, you can mix these two medications. It will help you to get better sooner. When I am diagnosed with cold I am using more medications just to get well as soon as possible. You can always ask pharmacist about this, if you don’t want to go to the doctor every time. They know most of the side effects of these medications and if you ask what you shouldn’t mix they will be happy to provide you with a good answer.

Also, I am trying to use natural remedies to get rid of cold. Sometimes steaming can help to ease breathing. And tea with lemon and honey is the best way to get rid of the sore throat.

Depends on which Sudafed. Some of them already have acetaminophen in them for aches. Double dosing would occur if you took Tylenol on top of Sudafed.