I am about 36 weeks into my first pregnancy and I have been having problems with this for about 5 months. I first used the spray to get rid of nasal congestion that came along with a cold. At the time I started using the spray I did not realize that you can become addicted. Unfortunately, thats exactly what happened to me and there is no other method that helps with the congestion. I am now using a saline nasal spray mixed with about 40% regular nasal congestion spray. Up until a few days ago this method worked well, but now all Im getting is a severly dry nasal cavity that hurts when you breathe through the nose or the mouth. What are my options? Should I go to a nose and throat doctor or ask my OBGYN? Im afraid that my OB will be upset and Im also scared for my baby.

Have you had any insight on this? I am currently going through the same thing right now except I am about 50/50 Afrin and Saline Mix. I cannot find any answers on what to do next to get over this addiction. I am only 7 weeks from my due date and want to kick this habit before then.

I am pregnant of 33 weeks and addicted to nosal drops when i go to sleep i get up in an hour all sweated and with breathing problems attack as soon as i keep drops i get normal how do i get rid of this addiction before my due