I like Chinese approach when prescribing herbal formulas are about because they don’t have ‘one fits all’ approach. I was hoping for some formulas of Chinese herbs for acne. Anything would be great, some web address or recipe or if you already have used some of the formulas….thanks.

Yes, Chinese herbal formulas are customized for each person. Anyone is presumed to present a unique pattern of harmony and disharmony, so combinations and proportions of herbs are chosen and adjusted to fit not the ailment but the individual who suffers from the ailment. Two patients of acne are likely to be prescribed with different formulas. I know two formulas, but you may check if they are appropriate for you. 1. 10 grams of lily (bai he*), 100 grams of mung bean, 5 grams of rock sugar. 2. 9 grams of peach kernel (tao ren), 30 grams of Job's tears (yi yi ren), 9 grams of seagrass, 9 grams of kelp, salt as seasoning.