Hi. I'm 34 year old male and I suffer from same problems for years.
I got these very serious allergies on most everything connected with dust or pollen.
You can't imagine how much problems can this cause to one person. On spring and summer my allergy gets worse.
I get some very serious symptoms like difficulties in breathing, generalized skin rush and swelling of extremities.
I tried several medications for allergy but none of them could help me so I'm desperate for help of any kind.
That’s why I would like to find out something about some new type of treatment called NAET.
Maybe NAET could help me or is it just another scam?

Well I can tell you a few things that NAET enthusiasts claim about this kind of treatment.
NAET is abbreviation for Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques.
Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques are a non-invasive, drug free, natural solution to eliminate allergies of all types and intensities using a blend of selective energy balancing.
I don’t know what to say about this because I personally don’t believe in this.
They also include testing and treatment procedures from acupuncture, allopathy, chiropractic, nutritional, and kinesiological disciplines of medicine.
It has some big faults like, Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique (NAET) is based on the fact that allergies are caused by "energy blockage" that can be diagnosed with muscle-testing and permanently cured with acupressure and/or acupuncture treatments.
You are aware that this couldn’t be 100 percent sure, but, like I say earlier, it is completely invasive so you can try it and see for your self.
Good luck!

I tried NAET. I too have had many allergy comp;aints, including spending nights in the shower because I could not breathe clearly enough to sleep. I've tried the medicines and considered surgery, but none of the reuslts impressed me. I came across one of Nambudripad's books and was intrigued enough to go to her website to locate a practitioner. After two treatments for sugar, I could smell things. After treatments for two more substances I could sleep...very well. I have been an on and off patient for three years, as I have other allergies as well. I have tried three different practitioners, not all practitioners are alike. One just used her NAET training to sell her product and would not even treat me until I spent $50 just to let her test my hair. That is a totally ludicroius idea and thoroughly unnecessary. Another of my practitioners was very unusual extremely "eastern" in his style, but otherwise uncomplicated. I would still be seeing him if the drive weren't so long. REcently I started seeing another accupuncturist who does NAET. I've been treated by her for dust, pollen, trees,weeds and several other substances. The world has so many exciting smells that I've been missing for years. Soon I hope to have the courage to face my western medicine allergist for re testing and prove that NAET really works. Wither way if drugs and doctor visits were costing me $50 or more each with only temporary results, a few NAET treatments providing more permanent results is certainly worth a try

Thank you very much for this post. I also suffer from severe and dipiliting allergys. My allergies are mostly sinus realated where I either have a runny or stuffy nose, sneeze extremly frequently and multiple times in a row, and sometimes have sinus preasure all over my head. I am desperate to get treatment and ulitimatly relief from my allergies and there debiliting symptoms. I have heard about NAET treatment and am considering getting it. However, I have also heard of another kind of I suppose you could say similar treatment called Advanced Allergy Therapeutics. Both of these treatments say they permanently eliminate allergies, so I would really like to know the difference between the two, how they compare and if perhaps one is works better than the other. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

NAET works well and almost always gives a complete cure in the hands of a well-trained practitioner. Those who "combine" NAET with other ideas almost always have spotty results, so the key is to find someone who studies it and stay on top of the latest research. I've been treated for a milk allergy and seasonal allergies and I'm fine now.

I just wanted to say: I have a 4 yr old and a 3 yr old. From the day they were born, their skin was thick, scaly, and they itched non-stop from the day they were born. I am a registered nurse, but I didn't know what was wrong with them. I just thought it was dry skin, so I bought every product over the counter I could possibly buy. Through trial and error, I found NONE of them helped. Some even just worsened their itching. Neither my husband nor I have any food or environmental allergies, so we didn't think it could be that.
Thank God for a couple in our church who told us about NAET. I knew I didn't want to use long term topical steroids, and I REALLY wanted an all natural remedy which meant there would be no side effects. Yes, all natural remedies do take longer to take effect and see the difference, but it is so worth it. If NAET works for my guys, with their skin which many people, including the pediatrician described as "the worst they had every seen", I know this treatment can and will work for anyone. You MUST have an open mind, nothing everything in the treatment makes "sense", you should read the book before you start treatment, and BE PATIENT. These problems didn't start overnight, and they will not do away overnight.

I am a practitioner of NAET. Like any type of medicine, it does not help 100% of the population. Drugs, surgeries, etc does not have 100% success rate either. The good thing is there are no side effects like drugs or no damages from surgeries. Give it a chance and find a good experienced practitioner. I prefer acupuncturists to do this type of work since acupoints are involved, but I have seen many experienced chiropractors, MD, ND who are very good with the practice.

Can someone share with their practitioner's review and details? I live in northern jersey. Thank for all your valuable input

I had severe allergy problems where I couldn't even breathe nor sleep (because I couldn't breathe). I tried allergy shots, acupuncture, chiropractors, nutrition, detox, etc. Then, someone told me to do Dr. Schulze's detox (800 herb doc ) and I got rid of it completely...along with many other problems I had. It's inexpensive although very cumbersome (because you have to juice, get colonics). I also tried many treatments where muscle testing was involved (although not NAET) and nothing worked. My girl friend got rid of a weird bone disease by doing Dr. Schulze's detox for 4 weeks or what he calls the incurable program. I didn't do that. I only did it for 2 weeks. And now, I do it about 2 or 3 times a year (it keeps me from having cold sores on my lips). It is a difficult program in that you have to be very disciplined while you are doing it. It's not easy but well worth it. Also, you don't have to see the doctor. You just do his liver and kidney detox.... the least inexpensive and the most powerful program I tried. You can make it as gentle as you want or as strong as you want. I was determined to get healthy..so I always doubled the dosage. It feels horrible (or what they call detox symptom) I thought I would pass out but if I kept juicing green vegetables or drink green smoothies, then I was fine.
However, I am curious about NAET..so I am going to try it.

The short answer is that NAET is a SCAM.

For a brief look at this particular SCAM please read this Hoax Forum thread.

Of course, the supporters of Devi S. Nambudripad will claim that anyone making a response like mine is somehow involved in a conspiracy or is working for "big pharma" or any one of a number of organisations who are out to rubbish the good name of nurse Devi.

You be the judge of that.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am not a chronic sufferer of allergies just the run of the mill pollen, mold spores and such that Over the counter meeds can handle for a day or two. Although I am a big believer in NAET. My wife has gone into shock several times from drug and or food allergies since our daughter was born three years ago. It has been a long time now since she has, but the first year was the hardest for her till she decided to try going to NAET. The treatments do work, but if your body resists the treatments and you go through what my wife calls a "blown treatment" the effects to your body physically and emotionally can be very hard to deal with. Often she will fail a treatment and unfortunately she has to keep getting retreated for the same things until she passes. It's rough on her and the family. But the up side of this is that the worst of her allergies, aspirin, is gone. It isn't the common name but what it is made of that she was allergic to, and that chemical could be found in just about every plant source of food. Doctors tried to identify the cause or a treatment that would work, it had finally come to a head when a trusted old school doctor told her, "I am sorry but the is nothing anyone can do for you". After seeing my wife loose a lot of weight, spend weeks in bed almost constantly with brief visits downstairs, and eating nothing but bowls of boiled peeled white potatoes with no seasoning at all. I am very thankful that my wife went and found help by getting NAET treatments here locally to us. As I stated before the treatments can really mess with you depending on your resistance to having your energy pathways adjusted, but the long term out come especially for those suffering from what the doctors would call an auto immune deficiency, out weighs the short term side effects of dealing with an allergy. For those out there that don't know, you can even be allergic to other people. Your body will tell you, we just don't listen. For the mom out there with the kids that all itching since they were born. Try it, if you can get your little one to sit still for the treatments, she will be much better off. You might have to get the treatments with her. We have looked into this for our little one but she won't sit still long enough.

Fifty years ago to cure you of your sinus allergies was to damage you permanently... Western medicine doesn't know everything and they have a long way to go before they do. I don't knock them, just don't take everything that they say for face value. The ones that want to help though are often afraid of being sued, and will try to shy away from anything that isn't going to be covered by insurance.

Good luck,
Chuck in Knoxville, TN

More interesting insight into Devi Nambudiprad in these articles:

Please Google:

Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique (NAET) Stephen Barrett, M.D.

Dr. Barrett makes some basic observations from nevi's own book that should give any discerning person, at least, cause for concern.

Quote:

Taking "almost 30 aspirin a day" is likely to cause extremely severe side effects. The adult aspirin pill contains 5 grains (325 mg), so 30 would contain 9750 mg or 9.75 grams. Doses above 4 grams per day are likely to cause ringing in the ears, dizziness, increased breathing rate, and serious metabolic imbalances. High doses can also cause severe stomach upset and a tendency toward abnormal bleeding. Death has been reported from single doses of 10-30 grams [2].
Allergies occur to proteins, not to vitamins, minerals, or sugars. It is possible to be allergic to eggs, fish, and or milk, but the claim that she was allergic to vitamins A, C and B-complex (a total of 10 out of the body's 13 vitamins!), calcium, and sugars is absurd.
A diet consisting of rice and broccoli would contain no vitamin B12 and inadequate amounts of iron, protein, and several other nutrients. Curiously, it would be very high in vitamin C and high in vitamin A, both of which Nambudripad says she was allergic to.
"Emotional allergies" can arise when people have unpleasant experiences connected to eating specific foods [3:23].

Another RED flag for me with NAET is the use of Applied Kinesiology.

This is a description from Devi's website on using the "technique" on animals.

Quote:

When used with animals, as with human infants, a human acts as the intermediary between the physician and the patient.

The surrogate extends one arm and places the other hand on the patient.

Various substances contained in glass vials are placed on the patient by the surrogate.

While the vial is held against the patient, the practitioner applies downward pressure against the surrogate's extended arm, meanwhile,

the surrogate attempts to resist this pressure.

If a sensitivity to a substance is detected, the arm will go weak and the surrogate will be unable to resist the pressure being applied.

For the full description Google:

About Veterinary NAET

Proponents of NAET also claim to perform sessions remotely.

You don't have to be with the practitioner!

James Randi has done a very nice expose of the AK "technique" in a video.

Please Google:

James Randi Tests Crystal Power and Applied Kinesiology

Notice how the UK crystal "healer" gives all sorts of excuses for failing this very basic test of her powers at using AK.

She laughs nervously as you might expect.

Enjoy!

I tried NAET years ago for a dog/cat allergy back in the late 1990's. It worked, albeit for a limited period of time (about 2-3 years). That is, I did about 5 visits over a 2 month period and it lasted for 2-3 years before my allergies got bad again. But compared to chiropractic (which you need to do continually for it to work), it's a good result for the money/effort.

Now I've developed more allergies and I'm intending to go back for more.

I don't think it's a scam. My son and I have both suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for over twelve months. Western medicine would have us believe that it's not curable, even though the cause is not entirely clear - it's just not good enough for me. We were told we just have to learn to adjust our newer, slower lifestyle and accept our fate and not to 'run around wasting energy trying to find a cure'. Frankly, I would wave a dead fish over my head, in the nude, chanting jibberish if it worked! We went to our Naturopath, who has reliably 'cured' us of other incurable conditions before - who treated us using NAET and low and behold - we are cured of all symptoms. Don't tell me it's a scam, I don't believe that kind of negativity - that's worse than western medicine! Like anything, be open-minded, take responsibility for your own health, make informed choices, and don't believe all the nay-sayers either!