Acne is ruining my life!!! The latest thing I have tried was Differin. 4 months has passed but my face is still bright red. I have also tried aspirin mask with aloe vera, but when I washed off the mask my face was still red. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi. Aspirin mask with aloe vera actually work, you just have to be more patient. Apply the mixture again on your troubled area. The redness will come back, but it should be reduced. Maybe you should try nature stuff. Garlic is the very best for acne. Rub row garlic on your acne and they will disappear with repeated application. Lemon, lime and orange also work very well. I prefer garlic because it works fast. I even eat garlic to prevent new breakouts.

Asprin is acetylsalycylic acid, which is an alpha hydroxy acid. There are several different acids in this family, malic, tartaric, citric, lactic and glycolic. These acids come from different sources such as wine, milk, citrus and suger cane. Glycolic has the smallest molecular structure, and because it is so small it penetrates the deepest. A.h.a.'s will cause the skin to exfoliate faster, so the dead skin cells don't clog the pores, it softens the sebum (oil) in the pores so the skin can release it better and it won't trap bacteria. It will also reduce large pores and scars. Look for products with a 5 to 10% glycolic range. Make sure it is derived from 99.99% pure glycolic. If it is less than that, then the 5% you bought is actually 3.75% and less effective, it needs to be acidic as well, because the skin is acidic, between 4.5 to 6.5 on the ph scale. If it is buffered you might as well use nothing on your face. Use a gel cleanser, not soap (soap strips the skin), an alcohol free toner. Don't bother using a cotton pad, you just waste it, apply a 1/2 teaspoon to the hands and rub over the skin, then while it is still damp apply your water based moisturizer, this will use less product and trap the moisture against your skin. There are different ranges for acne, using a scale of 1-4. 1 is good skin, blemishes only apearing once or twice a month usually around your period or times of stress. 2 is a few pimples and blackheads that never seem to go away but aren't excessively inflamed. 3 is inflammation redness and most of the face covered. 4 is cystic acne, bumps and lumps under the skin that never form a whitehead or they burst under the skin causing scarring. As an asethetician I see acne constantly, and what most people do to it only makes it worse, because they over do it. Avoid anything that stings or burns on the face. Alcohol is usually used in these products to "dry" up the skin. Avoid the sun this will make you look older in the long run, and both of these methods are only temporary. The glands in the skin will eventually go into overdrive to produce the oil you are stripping away. Dehydration will also cause acne, the lack of water will signal the skin the produce more oil to prevent water evaporation from the skin's surface. Push up your skin on the cheek with the side of you finger, if it looks like crepe paper, your skin is dehydrated. Drinking more water will not help because it has your heart, lungs, kidneys brain bones and muscles to go to first, Whatever is left over will go to your skin.
Using a zinc supplement has been found to work to reduce acne by strengthening the immune system, use a very low dose, About 5 to 10 mcgs daily. Anything higher will make you stomach upset. The best thing to do is to stick with a program for at least 6 weeks. Most people with consistant acne try, buy and use too much product and switch products too often. Anti-biotics with a good skin care program usually provide the best results, this reduces the acne vulgaris bacteria and retrains the skin, alowing it to settle down. Birthcontrol is another option if the acne is hormonally induced. Speak to a doctor, or a dermatologist or a well trained Asthetician, someone with alot of experience. Use no more than 4 productson the face, a non-soap based cleanser (preferably gel, as milk cleansers are too heavy), an alcohol free toner, an anti-acne serum and a water based moisturizer that has an spf of no less than 15. Don't wash your face more than twice a day. Hope this helps.
Sandra

The garlic hype is tried and true for most, but there are those (like me) who are allergic to garlic. I did not find this out until I tried using raw garlic on my lesions a few years ago. My skin became insanely inflamed and a whole new form of painful acne arose.

I kept eating it and applying it to my face thinking it was doing me good, but it wasn't. What I am getting at is as long as you have had a good or 'normal' experience with garlic, go for it (I know others who LOVE it) otherwise it's smart to start in a small area. BTW, thanks for the suggestion Sosanna about trying lemon, lime or orange... that's next on my list of trials! :D

You can try the following Chinese meds:

Anti-acne capsules with Chinese Herbs
Cure Acne With Root water
Root water is a Chinese herbal product obtained from the forests of China. It is very potent in fighting off skin blemishes. Root water is composed of root herbs and alcohol. It is supposed to be applied on the skin with the use of a cotton ball. Root water is known to force the skin to renew facial tissues. As such, it is best used with water-based skin moisturizers because it can dry the skin if used regularly for one to two weeks.

Anti-acne capsules with Chinese Herbs
If you go to a Chinese pharmacy and ask for a treatment for acne, they are more likely to produce a Chinese Herb capsule. These capsules contain only the most natural Chinese herbal medicine like Yi Yi Ren, Fu Ling, Huang Bai, Mu Dan Pi, Chi Shao, Huang Lian, and Gan Cao, among many others. The combination of these Chinese herbs could work wonders on your acne-infested skin.

hi

I thought id post a little information on my experience. I hace suffered from acne for years, and have tried nearly everthing on the market with little or no success. until recently when i decided to purchase a beautyskin acne lamp, after doing much research and discussing it on forums i thought the natural approach was the next step for me.

Three months on im still using my beautyskin lamp, and believe it or not my acne has gone, its cleared up. I still get the occasional breakouts but in all its been a success! I am so suprised that the only thing to have worked for me involved taking no drugs or using any topicals, i just changed my diet and started using my lamp. i am going to continue to use it as its starting to reduce old acne scars i want to see if in another three months time it reduces the scarring as well as it has my acne.

I thought it would be nice for other people to read about my experience because it helped me so much in making my decision to buy the Beautyskin.

Good luck though, i will write again in three months and let you no if it helps with my scars too.

xxx

The only thing that has help my acne is drinking. It drys out my oil glands without drying out my skin too much. I'm only 19, but my parents dont care if i drink.

All the other acne products dry my skin out too much...
-I have tried Proactive (worst thing that ever happened to my face )
-I have tried all the store brands (Nutragenia, Clearasil, Oxy pads, ect..)
-I tried pills (accutane and tetracycline)

None of it worked...

I Started drinking, and it was almost cleared up in 2 days. now i drink ever once in a while (not a lot, 2 beers a week at most) and my face has been clear for a couple months..
:-D

I have suffered with mild to moderate acne all my life. I've tried every drug you can get at the dermatologist, retin-a, differin gel and cream, duac, solodyn antibiotics, and the only thing that has helped has been Accutane (clavaris is the generic I'm taking) I'm on my six month now, of 40 mgs. twice a day and I am so pleased. Try it, it will change your life. I only regret not doing it in my twenties or thirties because it might have stopped the little bit of scarring (large pores, etc) I have from having oily skin for so many years.

hey, 

Acne is always caused by an underlying issue so you really want to try to find out what that is ... 

it may be allergies or even hormones. typically, acne on the chin or jaw line is caused by a hormonal imbalance, which means you need to work on your diet. there's a lot of information to be found online. taking a liver supplement will probably help a lot in this case. 

I can very well understand from my own dark days 4 years back.Acne Scars can be real messy when it comes to your face look and other people's stark remarks.I tried many creams ,natural based,oil based and chemical based but i should say it really detoriated the problem.Maybe My skin was very sensitive and the dark scars became more serious.

That was when my neighbour referred the Invicible Scars Treatment cream.I was a little finnicky in the beginning but in two weeks the marks started really fading.This cream is so silky and devoid of any oil base or alcohol which is so good for all skin types.So for all my fellow-mates here who are battling with Acne Scars - Use the Invicible Scar treatment cream once,you will know from the results !!!!

That's too bad, looks like you'll be screwed up for the rest of your life.

Have a good one,

Dr. Phil

What are you, a vampire?