I am having bacterial infection on my left arm and my doctor prescribed me Cilamox capsules of 250mg. This is first time I am using this medication. He used to give me common penicillin shots and I don’t know why he changed now. Please tell me more about this drug, I am little confused now because of change of treatment. I am 36 year old, female.

Cilamox belong is group of antibiotics called penicillin. It is used to treat infections in different parts of the body and it works by killing bacteria that is causing it. Cilamox is not recommended in pregnancy and during breast-feeding. Discuss with doctor of the possible risks and benefits of taking Cilamox if you are pregnant, or if you are taking oral contraceptive pills. 250 mg is usual dose, but it depends on type of the treatment that you require.