Hello, folks. I am having some problems with my eyes. I think I have some severe form of blepharitis. I am taking both penicillin and erythromycin, but they are not helping at all. I really don’t know what to do anymore. I could really use some of your help. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. I must admit that combination of both penicillin and erythromycin is little unusual for me. Are you taking them orally? Or do you take penicillin like shots? You must take something topically, into the eye. Some experts recommend Lasik. This is a refractive eye surgery method that is also used for blepharitis if I am informed well. You must tell ophthalmologist what you’ve told here. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

Hi there,
As much as I know the Blepharitis is inflammation of the eyelash follicles which are located at the edge of the eyelid. This is caused by bacteria that grows and use of antibiotics should’ve helped you by now. I am not sure why this didn’t help you. You might consider seeing doctor to see if you need stronger antibiotics. You have to know that you have to clean this on daily bases and try to remove the skin oils that are caused by bacteria overgrowth. Have you tried to use baby shampoo or other special cleansers? I hope this helped you in any way. Keep your eyes clean.

All the best,
Danella