I had injured my muscles in car accident. I am on physical therapy for a month now; I was prescribed to carisoprodol along with it. I am taking 2 tablets each day. Please tell me what possible side effects of carisoprodol are, and what happens if I miss the dose. I am very amenable on allergies and it had happen me before that I had allergic reaction on medications that I was taking.

Well on of the possible side effects of carisoprodol is allergic reaction. If you experience difficult breathing, swelling of your lips or face, that can be allergic reaction on carisoprodol, then you should seek for, medical attention. Other side effects may occur like: loss of vision, tremor, insomnia, drowsiness or dizziness etc. And if you miss the dose take next one as soon as you remember, don’t take double dose. Try to keep it at least 4 hours apart.

Carisoprodol /Generic SOMA is an oral muscle relaxer for the relief of discomfort associated with acute, muscloskeletal condition. Generic SOMA works by blocking pain sensation between the nerves and the brain. Generic SOMA/ Carisoprodol is a centrally acting skeletal muscle relaxant of which meprobamate, a controlled substance, is the primary active metabolite. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Carisoprodol/ Generic SOMA in April 1959. The recommended oral dose of Carisoprodol/ Generic SOMA 250mg or Carisoprodol / Generic SOMA 350mg is three times daily and at bedtime. Carisoprodol / Generic SOMA is advised only for short-term (2 to 3 weeks) relief of acute painful muscle and skeletal conditions in adults. Drowsiness, dizziness and headache are the most common side effects of Carisoprodol /Generic SOMA. Avoid taking Carisoprodol/ Generic SOMA before getting engaged in potential hazardous tasks, like driving automobile or operating machinery as SOMA may cause dizziness in some patients. While taking SOMA, avoid alcoholic beverages or other drugs such as antihistamines, tranquilizers and sedatives.
Carisoprodol /SOMA is an oral muscle relaxer that works by blocking pain sensations between the nerves and the brain. The exact mechanism of action of Carisoprodol/ SOMA is unknown. This is believed that Carisoprodol/ SOMA may works by altering/ blocking communication among nerves in parts of the brain that control the sensation of pain and in the spinal cord. With proper mental and physical rest SOMA/ Carisoprodol is used to treat injuries and other painful musculoskeletal conditions. SOMA/ Carisoprodol tablets are available as 250 mg and 350 mg round, white tablets. SOMA/ Carisoprodol drug product include Alginic acid, Magnesium Stearate, Potassium Sorbate, Starch, and Tribasic Calcium Phosphate. Carisoprodol / SOMA may also be used for other purposes not mentioned in this website. Carisoprodol/SOMA is manufactured and marketed in the United States by Meda Pharmaceuticals under the brand name SOMA, and in the United Kingdom and other countries under the brand names Sanoma and Carisoma. One can order Crisoprodol/ SOMA from Meds247online.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Generic Carisoprodol/SOMA is a revision of meprobamate, which is anticipated to have better muscle relaxing properties, less potential for abuse, and less risk of overdose.

Does this lower your blood perssure