Hello! I have bipolarism in family my elder sister is recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder, she actually suffer from some mix of mania and depression and is now taking antidepressant. I want to know what I can expect is she going to recover totally from bipolarism and just in case if it reoccurs what I could do for her to feel better.

You’ll have to try to understand her condition for having bipolarism in family is not easy, you must be very patient to cope with this. First I have to notice you’ve mentioned she’s taking antidepressants, maybe you missed to say if she’s taking some other medications and if it’s not the case than I strongly recommend that you reconsider this with her psychiatrist for the person with bipolarism needs to be prescribed with mood –stabilizing medications that will manage their manic depression episodes at lower levels and in some cases will significantly reduce the symptoms during episodes. I also have bipolarism in family and I know for sure that these mood-stabilizing medications needs to be taken on long run terms, and my advice would be that your sister keeps on taking them for a long period of time for bipolarism is recurrent and that means that is unknown yet that someone once diagnosed with bipolar disorder has been cured for life. no, it’s a type of disease that needs to be controlled constantly by the psychiatric and you might also be of help here you may for example keep charts on her behaviors, feeling, emotion changing and even sleeping patterns. These notes would also be of help to her doctor in making her further treatment plan. You might also help her to develop her social and daily activities and also she needs to have regular sleeping and daily schedule and you’ll see this kind of things could help her lot regarding her manic-depressive episodes.

I have been married for 20 years ,and the last two years have been total chaos with my bi polar wife. Her doctor and therapist recommends her too stop drinking ,take her meds ,and see them often. She refuses ,and I end up going through terrible times. I love her the most ,but she lashes out at me like I am her worst enemy. I am stressed beyond comprehension. If I leave my kids suffer .If she leaves I belive she will do the unthinkable. I can not get her therapist too see what i live through daily. She holds a steady job now ,but her reality is not what it should be at times. ANGER,SADNESS,FEAR,HATE is what I get most of the time. Nothing I do seems to help I talk myself into an angry frenzy trying to get her too see things as they truely are. I seem too bring out the very worst in her. I tried seeing the counselor with her ,but my wife turned it into a time too blast me with all my faults instead of focusing on the issues. I can not get past one hateful night too another as she so easily dismisses things. I want too show her love ,but how can I after being kicked down so much?
I feel lost ,and troubled 4 days out of the week. She never ,and I mean never says she is sorry regardless how bad she becomes.

My sister is bipolar. I have been recently diagnosed with this also.
I have been on so many different drugs. The ones working now are effexor 150 remeron 45. I am currently without health insurance. I have just recently stopped taking my effexor. Dont know what to expect in regards to my mood swings of depression anxiety and irrability.
Mental illness is no different a disease than heart disease diabetes, etc...Its serious and it hurts. I believe it is hereditary.
My dad was a closet bi polar by mom has anxiety attacks and depression.
I pray to God my children do not inherite this horrible medical conditon.
It is delibitating especially when you have to work and socialize.
You never know or find out who you really are what true emotions you have. I dont know how I really feel how I really think.
Its scary and I HATE IT
Just wanted to let you know you are not alone and I post frequently on here now that i have found it and enjoy it.
I hope it helps. I am here for you
Sassi