Users comments and reviews on article Recurrent Corneal Erosion Fact Sheet by SirGan

Being a sufferer I found the article informative.

me also!!

I too am suffering from RCE and am really frustrated as to the fact that I cannot find any information on managing the pain associated with this. Right now I am typing this blind vecause I cannot open my eyes for long with out extreme pain. It hurts and there doesn't seem to be any concern with that. Am I wrong here or what? I keep telling my doctor to do the surgery to correct this because it's veen ongoing since fevruary. I just want the pain to stop and to get my cision back to normal. I want to hear from others that may have some ideas to share. my email is ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I have this condition also however, mine got so bad that my eye doctor sent me to a specialist. They can actually do surgery to make your epithelial layer adhear to the basement membrane. It's kinda like LASIK surgery except they do not make an incision in your lens. They just use the lazer to adhear the layer. I was out of work for about six weeks on antibiotic and steroid eye drops with a patch over my eye. Since that day ten years ago I have not had another episode.