Thank you very much for this. Before i read this i felt a popping in my hip that got annoying at points, especially walking around the mall for too long. I am a gymnast and after reading this i went to the doctors and now am doing physio. thank you very much

New Member
Users comments and reviews on article Snapping Hip Syndrome by SirGan

Oh wow, what a crazy article! I don't mean to say that what you actually wrote was crazy but I think I actually have this problem! I know that for a very long time I have had issues with my hip popping and I didn't quite know what it was so I think that this article has been VERY enlightening! Thank you for posting it because I don't think I'd ever have actually gotten help for this otherwise. Thanks again!!

I am literally in tears. My partner who is only 25 was diagnosed with this condition, with one feel by the hands of the 'specialist', who then threw up his hands saying 'physio, exercise, no other treatment is available'. My partner is in chronic pain from this, unable to climb stairs, get into a car, walk without severe pain, carry even a bag of shopping or enjoy playing with or carrying our 8 month old daughter. He was given an exercise sheet. He could manage only 5 gentile repetitions due to the pain (not 5 exercises). The next day, he was unable to walk as a result of doing these repetitions. This has made him not attend physiotherapy as he is so afraid of the pain. To watch him makes me flinch, it is unbearable. He describes the joint as lurching, the sensation makes him want to be physically sick and the pain makes him nauseous. He is driven to tears and is so desperate that he talks of his hopes that it will just completely pop out before long, then someone will do something and the pain will stop. I feel so relieved this day, that we could perhaps take the above info to our doctors and ask them for the intervention that is so clearly available. Thank you so much. I called him as soon as I found this and its the first time I have heard him happy in months.

I have been suffering from extreme lower back pain and hip pain, i had an mri done of my back which didnt show anything. but i think i might of finally found out whats wrong. Today at physical therapy (my first appt) i showed him how i can just make my hip practically pop out of socket. That is not painfull but my lower back and hip hurt constantly, and on top of that i have one leg longer that the other. I am so elated because the physical therapist is going to do xrays of my hip. I just hope i can finally get a diagnosis and treatment options. The only thing that scares me was the PT said basically what im looking at is a hip replacement surgery but they dont do those at my age of 27, so what am i supposed to do wait in agonizing pain until im old enough to get hip replacement. i constantly have to take steriods because nsaids dont work. im in so much pain i feel like im dying