Hello, my friends. I have been diagnosed with fuchs corneal dystrophy. As far as I know, this is an inherited condition. I would like to know if any kind of treatment is possible. What should I do? I would really appreciate all your replies about this. Thank you for all your help.

Hi, there. Fuch’s corneal dystrophy is inherited condition. Here, endothelium – an inner layer of cornea – is affected. Endothelium works as a pump. It pumps out an exrtra fluid from the eye. Of course, with Fuch’s this is compromised. This condition cannot be cured. Nevertheless, with medications, blurred vision can be controlled. Salt solutions are often given to extract this extra fluid. You must consult your ophthalmologist about the treatment. Bye!

I was diagnosed over two years ago. I have since had two cornia transplants. I jave an amazing Dr. here in N.J. and am happy to report 20/20 in one eye and the other still has healing to do but I can see quite well out of that also. It is frightening but don't hesitate to get them done. I sure beats walking around with a magifying glass just to use the microwave. Best wishes to you.