Users comments and reviews on article Stevens Johnson syndrome (SJS): Symptoms & Treatment by DannyElle

Plz update the diet sheet for the sufferer that he has to follow after he has cured from the disease.

This is really scary and I had no idea that this syndrome existed. I think it's usually pretty scary when there is a problem out there that doesn't have a cure but only a treatment, and it looks like the symptoms are no picnic either. Has anyone ever had this? I'd like to hear if someone has been through this before. Thanks!

Healthnfitnessguy - I had SJS 13 years ago at the age of 14. The above described is very accurate as my case was in between SJS and TENS. I was admitted to the hospital where I remained in treatment for 2 1/2 weeks. I lost all fingernails (these never grew back), developed corneal abrasions, my mouth became sealed shut, and pretty much my entire skin sloughed off. It's an extremely rare and serious syndrome and the exact cause remains unknown, so it is sometimes difficult to know what to avoid to avoid recurrence.

My daughter is going thru SJS right now. She is in the hospital. They did a biopsy to confirm it. She said it is very painful and now she can not walk for it is on the bottom of her feet. Her face looks like she has a red mask on. Until now I had never heard of SJS either. I have read about it and now know how serious it is. We think she had a reaction to a antiseizur medicine she started taking about a month ago.

This syndrome is true and existing.My grandma who is 69 yrs old suffered with this disease and died.Very terrible disease.

yes,i suffered this sydrome due to medication and it took me 2 weeks in icu and week in skin ward.now i,m home still on and off rashed just come out . i have no follow up after care of this case . from portugal

WHAT IS THE AFTER CARE OF THIS STEVEN JOHNSON SYDROME AND HOW LONG IT LAST