I was diagnosed with a condition called recurrent corneal erosion just yesterday. Each\h morning when I woke up I would experience pain and blurred vision. My first doctor didn’t have a clue what is wrong with me. My sister recommended this ophthalmologist, great guy, who set diagnose. What are usual treatments for recurrent corneal erosion? He explained me condition more or less.

Salt solution drops or ointments are usually prescribed as the first line of recurrent corneal erosion treatment. This medication helps the epithelium to adhere better to Bowman's layer of the cornea and artificial tears are also recommended to keep the cornea moist. Patients, who continue to suffer from recurrent corneal erosions despite the treatments described, may benefit from phototherapeutic keratectomy which involves removal of the superficial layer of corneal cells using the Excimer laser to encourage proper healing.