Hi. I`m 54 and have astigmatism (both eyes) and I was thinking about Lasik eye surgery. The doctors are keep telling me all the good stuff, that I am the perfect candidate and that the satisfaction ratio is above 95%, but I want to hear about Lasik side effects. Is there anybody who could tell me something about that?

Hi. The risk is always involved when it comes to surgery. Know that one of Lasik complication can be irregular astigmatism. Also, irregular corneal healing or swelling after Lasik can give you double vision or, even, so called ghost images. Here are some of the side effects: incomplete corrections, decentred ablations, oversize pupils, haze, irregular flap, dry eye, diffuse lamellar keratitis, epithelial ingrowth, eye infection – but there is a treatment (eye drops, surgical corrections) for each complication that may occur. Inflammation, irritation, redness and visual distortions are also some side effects. Nice to know that only 5% of Lasik patients have experienced some kind of a problem.

Lasik surgery is a very simple surgery,less time taking process,pain less surgery and it has so many advantages and have some good results.The only thing that we always remember that their will be some disadvantages if we don't follow the correct instructions.Before and after the surgery we should take the complete rest for our eyes,and we should follow the correct instructions as doctor suggests.