Users comments and reviews on article Trying to Conceive? Best Tips for Getting Pregnant by MariAnne

Hi my periods are usually regular every 28 cycle. But I had my period llast month on Aug 4 or 5th and didnt get this months Sept period yet have done 2 hpt and both are negative this has never happened b4. iam now 10,11 days late. I had a miscarriage last year in august due to bleeding in the first month. But now it is the same situation now there is no bleeding/period and yet test is negative. Plzz I need help Iam soo confused..

This article is ludicrous and was obviously not written by a medical doctor as she prescribes incorrect information, so please do not take the information in this article for granted.

MariAnne states:
"The best time to have sex is when temperature drops, but before it rises again"

This is not at all true as most women do not experience a temperature drop before it rises again during their ovulation window. If you are lucky enough for this to happen, this may apply but still the author has left out vital information.....as there are many drops and falls throughout the cycle and she does not explain which drop and rise she is referring to.
The truth is that the best time to have sex is just before the rise and here again it is not as simplistic as this. The author should have explained a bit more about charting and the overall pattern you should be looking for to detect the rise. For example, if you temperatures are in the 97s range before ovulation, the date you would have ovulated would be when the temperature rose into the 98s. The best time would have been just before the temperature rise though sperm can survive for about 5 days so you would have been fertile for up to 5 days approximately before that.
As a scientist, I am appalled by the authors lack of thoroughness in writing an article which lots of women are going to apply in something as important as trying to conceive a baby.....this author is playing with peoples lives. If you want the correct technique, please read other sources. I personally found Toni Weschlers book 'Take Charge of your Fertility' to be a very useful source of information.

how long will it take to get pregnant after being off bcp for 2months?