Users comments and reviews on article Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) for mental disorders by SirGan

Your article was good and not frightening for somebody going for the first time for ECT.

I have had ECT regularly for the past 25 years (probably about 90-100 times.) as I am treatment resistent for drugs and suffer from a Major Depressive Illness. I would like to reassure others who are afraid of this form of treatment, that it is very worthwhile and today it is safe and well controlled and monitored by specialists and without it my life would not have been worth living.
Go fgor it and if I can reassure anybody I will be glad to.
Marj

For a recently written article, nothing surprisingly new or containing information that can't be found anywhere else on the web. My main disappointment was the over 12 incidences where the author chose to write to the audience starting with a very grade-school level "well," this is how it is little Johnny, manner. Who are you writing to, a 10 year old, or an audience of adults who would typically be the recipients of ECT? Take out the "well,", write to your audience, and don't copy old info from a questionable web-pedia (Wiki) and try to pass it off as a new article.