Users comments and reviews on article Napping Tips for Better Relaxation by Jo Jackson

Great article, Jo. This type of napping, the timing, lenght, relaxation is what I have been trying to achive lately but I am experiencing problems with setting boundaries (with napping lenght) . It is true that my temperature goes down at about this time (12 o'clock) but I can't make myself get up as soon as the alarm alarms :-)
Any tips besides placing the phone in another room?

New Member
Hi Marrilyn,
Besides placing the alarm well out of reach, try putting a light on as soon as the alarm goes off. Either switch on a bedside lamp or pull the curtain open as the light helps a lot. You can also try having a damp facecloth nearby and wipe your face to help wake you up, and try having a coffee before your nap and experiment with the time it takes to kick in and use that to help you. Hope this helps, Jo.

This is a great pro-napping article! I love that you should not feel guilty about napping for twenty or thirty minutes every afternoon, in fact it will make you a much more productive individual. I liked this statement: "The body benefits from napping too; research shows that napping not only reduces stress, it lowers the risk of heart attack and excessive weight gain." This is so true! I have read a lot of research that most obese people suffer from a lack of sleep or just don't get enough rest. It makes sense that napping would reduce stress and increase weight loss as well or at least the effectiveness of weight loss. Very interesting article that confirmed a lot of things for me. Thanks!