My husband had congestive heart failure. He is stabile now, but I am very scared what will be in the future. He wasn’t ill …but he suffered from high blood pressure. I am wondering could be congestive heart failure caused by high blood pressure. He had it for years but never had any serious problem due to it.

Congestive heart failure, or heart failure, is a condition in which the heart is unable to adequately pump blood throughout the body and/or unable to prevent blood from "backing up" into the lungs…however It is not a specific diagnosis, but is a result of another underlying condition. Many conditions can lead to it and high blood pressure is definitely one of them. Hypertension increases the work of the heart, so as the heart has to pump blood against higher resistance it must therefore generate more force and the added strain on the heart muscle can cause failure.