Hello there, I am male who is 42 years old. I heard that main cause of death is heart diseases. Because of this fact I would like to know everything about heart failure. I am a smoker and I know that this is very bad for me but for now I couldn't stop smoking. Write everything you know considering this subject. Thank you in advance for your time.

Hi, I will do my best to answer. I will start with the basics. Heart failure is a condition that can result from any structural or functional cardiac disorder that impairs the ability of the heart to fill with or pump a sufficient amount of blood throughout the body. That is the general definition. There are many causes for this condition such as: family history, anemia, alcohol abuse, arrhythmia, anorexia, aortic stenosis etc. Treatment includes stopping of progression of heart disease and prevention( which is better way). If it happens, surgery is option sometimes.