Hi! I have high blood pressure more than 5 years. Doctor told me if I don’t control high blood pressure and take medications regularly I can develop hypertensive heart disease. What is hypertensive heart disease? What can cause hypertensive heart disease? Tell me something more about this issue. Thank you!

Hi! Hypertensive heart disease is a late complication of hypertension that affects the heart. High blood pressure increases the workload of the heart, and over time, this can cause thickening of the heart muscle and the symptoms of hypertensive heart disease. Without treatment, symptoms of congestive heart failure may develop. High blood pressure is the most common risk factor for heart disease. Blood pressure should be checked at regular intervals to monitor the condition. In addition to medications you take, recommended lifestyle changes include weight loss, exercise, and dietary adjustments. Recent dietary recommendations include increasing fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products. Treat any known hypertension. Do not stop or change treatment except as advised by your doctor. Monitor blood pressure as advised. You must take your blood pressure veers serious!