Hi. My uncle suffers from multiple sclerosis. I would like to hear more about this illness. Is it genetic? What are multiple MS forms?

Hi. MS has four main types, or forms. These patterns include relapsing remitting, primary and secondary progressive and progressive relapsing. Relapsing remitting is a type of MS characterized with flare ups and periods of remission. Flare ups occur suddenly. They last for a few weeks and then disappear. Primary progressive form of MS is less common. People with primary progressive type of MS experience a gradual decline. They don`t experience periods of remission. Secondary progressive form of MS is characterized with continuous deterioration. Sudden relapses are possible. Progressive relapsing form of MS relatively uncommon and is characterized with sudden episodes of new symptoms. Genetic factor make people more likely to have MS.