Hello, folks. My brother has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. He has episodes of exarcerbations. I would really want to know what the best immunomodulator is for relapsing-remitting MS is. What is your opinion about this? I will gladly hear them out. I will really appreciate all your replies. Thank you in advance.

Hello, there. Relapses are characteristic for MS. Relapse means worsening of the symptoms that one already has. It can also mean appearance of new symptoms. It is caused by MS lesions in brain or spinal cord. Myelin is a substance that surrounds the nerve fibers. Myelin is under the attack of immune cells in MS. I am not sure which immunomodulator is recommended here. You should ask an expert about this. Bye!

Hi, everyone. Relapses are indeed characteristic of MS. Usually when relapse happens, then you get high doses of corticosteroids. Solu-Medrol is mostly recommended. Steroids shorten the lasting of replaces. They also reduce the severity of the symptoms. Nevertheless, some symptoms do not disappear quickly. Some of them stay for a longer period of time. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Hello, guys. Beside real relapse, there is a pseudoexarcerbation. It is the worsening of the symptoms caused by the external factor. It can be caused by fever, hot weather or something else. It can be even severe fatigue. I have also heard about Solu-Medrol. You can consult your brother’s doctor for more details. I am sure he will tell you them. Good luck with all! Bye!