Good evening, guys. I have just found out that my friend has secondary-progressive form of multiple sclerosis. I would like to find out something more about the treatment in the initial phases of this form of MS. I would really appreciate all your help considering this. Thanks for all, guys. Bye!

Hi. Secondary progressive form of MS is also known by its abbreviation SPMS. It is one of the four recognized forms of this disease. This form has a steady progression of the symptoms and signs. These people usually have previous experience with relapsing/remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS). Other two forms are: primary progressive MS and progressive relapsing MS. You should really consult a specialist about this question. He will tell you more details. I hope you’ll find out something new. Bye!

Hello, folks. I have also heard about this form that is called SPMS. It is characterized by the steady increase in disability and symptoms. There are several recommendations for the treatment of this form of MS. Some recommendations regard mitoxantrone. It is a chemotherapy drug. It can slow the progression of the symptoms within people with SPMS. I don’t know if your friend has used it. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!

Hi, everyone. You have asked an interesting question. Mitoxantrone is just one of the recommendations. There are many studies that deal with SPMS. Some recommend the usage of beta interferons. This substance can also slow down the progression of the disease. There are other drugs that are recommended. Those would be: Imuran, cyclophosphamide, Leustat, etc. Immunoglobulins are also mentioned. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!