I have had several cortisone shots in my scalp for discoid lupus around my ears. Now I am having a hearing loss and wonder if the cortisone shots could be the cause.

Hi:
In my brief investigation of side effects from long-term use of cortisone shots I did not see this particular side-effect. However, your situation is personal, so it could be. However, because of the lupus, you will probably have a variety of physical symptoms. Your doctor could probably answer this question for you. Perhaps one of our members with your condition might be helpful also. Look for a post. Please let us know how you are doing.

Can someone please comment on the effects of cortisone shots to the head.The bald patches are increasing.Any alternatives that anyone knows about?

I just had several shots in my scalp for lupus and lichen planus. I have a slight headache. Is this normal?