Hi, I have been diagnosed with discoid lupus few months ago. The skin rash is really annoying, but I manage to deal with it somehow, because I use the prescribed ointment that helps a lot. However, I have problems with the rash on my scull. I have noticed that my hair falls off from the places affected by discoid lupus. Is there something I can do to prevent the hair loss caused by discoid lupus?

Hi, I understand how you feel. I have similar problems with discoid lupus rashes. What I found most helpful is to protect myself from sunshine. I try not to go out when the sun is at its highest and when I do, I use sunscreens with high sun protection factor. Also I wear wide rim hats that protect both my face and my head. However, sometimes there is nothing you can do and the rash appears regardless of my efforts. I don’t know about you, but in my case, when the lesions appear on my skull I feel really bad. I go to my dermatologist for the cortisone injections. Sometimes they help, but sometimes the hair falls off. However, this happens less often now that I prepare myself before I go out into the sun. If you didn’t protect yourself against the sun before, you should start right away. Also, talk to your doctor about cortisone injections. I hope this will help you with your hair loss!

hi , my dermatologist gives me dermavate scalp application which you put on every day . it does help and stops scalp getting into state where hair falls out .