Hi you all! I have discoid lupus, and I am contemplating laser hair removal. Has anyone else who posts here done such a thing, and what were your results? I am hoping for some quick replies because I would like to do this very soon, if possible. Thank you in advance :-).

In some cases this has been known to produce great results, so I can tell you that thinking about it is definitely a smart move. However, as always, I would say that you need to consult your doctor about this so that they can tell you whether it will be suitable treatment or not in your unique case. Good luck with that!

Hello there blondell532,

Well first of all I am so sorry that you have to adjust your lifestyle to the terrible condition such as Lupus, my mother is suffering from it so I know how sometimes it can be really uncomfortable.

About hair removal laser treatment I would like to say to you that this is not going to take care of your hair problem. I was convinced that this is great treatment and that I will get rid of hairs once for all. But this was not the case.

First of all, this is expensive, and you always need more than one treatment. Second, they will tell you to come back in 6 months but after only three you will notice hairs again. L

I just went for my first laser hair removal treatment at Ideal Image and they stopped the treatment and said that I need to have my dermatologist sign off for the treatment before they can continue. So my advice is to talk to your dermatologist first.