Jan 1st, this year, I noticed small bumps on the head of my penis and on my scrotum. I was in Thailand, the northern provinces with my girlfriend. The Isan area of Thailand. Living in a small poor village.

Of course, I was having sexual relations with my GF for 2 months before but just noticed this day. I've been checked for HIV for 2 years, 2 times a year. My GF had a very thorough check up right after we met. We were both clean. I thought it was herpes so we stopped having sex for the last week before I went home. I got home and wanted to see if it would go away. It didn't. I went to the family Dr. and he said it he thinks it could be genital warts. He tested for Herpes and came back negative. He sent me to a dermatologist and he said Lichen Planus. He gave me steroid cream, Vanos and it didn't work. It kept spreading to the lower back, back of the knees, on my wrists, thumbs, fingers, feet, ankles and a few other areas. 

I went back to the Dr. and he gave me a cortisone shot and after 3-5 days, they all went away.

They were not itchy, just knowing I have something that the Dr. doesn't really know what causes it, SUCKS!

Now, 1 month after the shot, it's all back. OH, inside my mouth, I have white veins, white spots, all over inside my cheeks, not on my tongue. Been there 2 weeks before the cortisone shot, it didn't go away at all.

Now, the Dr., he's a quack, I don't like him, hes like most Dr.'s, they want you in and out to make the next buck. He doesn't give a sh7t about me at all. Says, come back if it's not gone. 

So 2 weeks ago now, sorry for the timeline a little confusing, but the marks started coming back. I had a few on my wrist, then back to my head, just 1 or 2 spots, then a few on my scrotum. NOW, I have 50 spots on scrotum and my wrists have about 40 and I pick them and it's all red. I get angry and want them to just go away.

No red marks on my feet, back, ankles, and the other areas..... yet! I have a few on my arms like before.

I've done research, I dont know what it is?? And I live in a small town with NO dermatologist. Closest is 2 hours away and I have no insurance so it's $80 visit, $80 for the shot and I read somewhere that treating Lichen Planus with cortisone shots is not good? 

Please, if anyone out there has any info for me, that would be much appreciated.

I was also diagnosed with lichen planus after I developed sores inside my mouth. But not until I had had several oral biopsies,and it had spread to my trunk, arms and up my neck. This went on for several months and in that time I went to a dermatologist. I had done some research and thought it might be related to a crown that had been placed in  my mouth 6 months prior. My doctor, my dentist and my dermatologist poo pooed it and said there was no connection. It got so bad, in my mouth I couldnt eat. I went to an oral surgeon- the same one who had already done 2 biopsies with no conclusive results and insisited that he remove the tooth that had the crown on it. He did and the spots all went away except for a few resisidual pigmented spots on my body. There are also still some white lacey spots at my gum line, but only a very few. The pain stopped the day the tooth was removed from my mouth. 

have you had any dental work done, or anything thing else that you may be reacting to?

I was alos diagnosed with lichen planus after I developed sores inside my mouth. But not until I had had several oral biopsies,and it had spread to my trunk, arms and up my neck. This went on for several months and in that time I went to a dermatologist. I had done some research and thought it might be related to a crown that had been placed in  y mouth 6 months prior. My doctor, my dentist and my dermatologist poo pooed it and said there was no connection. It got so bad, in my mouth I couldnt eat. I went to an oral surgeon- the same one who had already done 2 biopsies with no conclusive results and insisited that he remove the tooth that had the crown on it. He did and the sore all went away except for a few resisidual pigmented spots. There are also still some white lacey spots at my gum line, but only a very few. The pain stopped the day the tooth was removed from my mouth. 

I have lichen planus as well, from sexual activity, I presume. UVB light from the sun takes the skin defects away. But I think it is always caused by some underlying problem, I think a uti infection for me. It is also oral now, and I want to get rid of it for good.

I know how horrible Lichens Planus can be! I lived with extremely painful mouth sores for 3 years. There is a specialist in D. C. who has done his research on the condition, yet there are FEW answers. 20 years later I 'm still having light occasional outbreaks. Try to keep the affected area moist with petroleum jelly. the doctor in D.C. Gave me Protopic, tacrolimus ointment 0.1%.

Who is the doctor in D.C.