Hi, I have been battling with what the doctor has diagnosed as lateral tendonitis of the elbow. I suffered for 4 weeks before I was able to see an orthopedic specialist. He told me that the only thing that he could do was give me a cortizone injection and that would make it feel much better. It has been 3 weeks since and my elbow is still a mess. Swollen, cannot touch because pain is so bad, and the pain just shoots down my forearm. My arm is very importat (right one and I am right handed). The pain becomes unbearable especially when I straighten out my arm and this doctor refuses to give me anything to take the edge off. Can anyone help...
ps....I will never get another corizone injection again. I got absolutely NO RELIEF.

That sounds like an unfortunate reaction to the cortisone shot. It is possible that you had an unforseen effect on it, which is why you are reacting badly to it. Your doctor may be playing it cautious because he is afraid of an interaction with the cortisone injection. If you are upset about it though, I think you should talk to another doctor about it to confirm that the problem you are having needs help or not. Good luck to you.