I’ve started having this unpleasant sensation in my arm recently, and the pain is especially strong in my elbow. I thought I injured it somehow, but it didn’t pass after a few days. I’m cycling every day and now I’m thinking that perhaps I’ve got elbow tendonitis from constant leaning on the handlebar. Is it possible? Is there any solution to that, because I wouldn’t like to quit cycling?

It’s very likely that you have tendonitis. There are two types of sports related tendonitis – tennis elbow when the outer tendon is injured and golfer’s elbow when the inner tendon is injured. This problem occurs due to various reasons and if you’re an athlete the most probable cause repetitive movements of a certain muscle. There are ways of treating this unpleasant condition. First of all, you should put some ice on the painful areas. Then flexibility exercises will help you also. If the pain is strong immobilization of your arm is necessary. I think that you should ask an instructor what is the correct posture during cycling because I think that your tendonitis can be the result of an incorrect position while cycling.