Hi, I am having my first prolotherapy injection on Aug. 22 and I am wondering if anyone has had good luck with this type of injection for strengthening the ligaments? I am getting injected in my SI joints and lower lumbar for nerve pain and my hips that constantly shift out of place causing the nerve pain in the groin and si joint areas. I have done a cortizone injection before so I know how that feels and it wasnt too bad..just a quick bee sting feel. Nothing compared to how bad my nerve pain is presently.

Let me know if you have any advice or experiences you want to share with me.

Take care..Lissa..

Hello my name is Nicole and I am 29..About 10 years ago I injured my back by falling on it three times in one year..After the first time I fell it cause me to walk differently and my right knee tore at the meniscus...Ten years went by and my doctor did nothing to help me. I finally got the courage to change doctors...The very first apt with the new Dr. knew exactly what was wrong with me and proceded to tell me about Prolotherapy which I had never heard of before..I scheduled an apt with the Dr. who did do this and after many considerations decided yes let's do it...anything that will make me feel better I am all for..He did tell me it will take many sessions to get my back feeling good.I also saw a chiro before this Dr and he told me my sacrum was all screwed up.The last disc was compressed and then that disc also hooked down on the left side which was casuing alot of my pain discomfort.Mt right hip was higher than my left hip and my right joint was not up and down like it was supposed to be, It was moved diagonally.Believe me there isn't a day or night that goes by that I am not in pain.Not sleeping good.I have had one session of Prolo already and go for my second on the 30th of April. He injected me 6 times in the lower back.Three on each side and felt just like a pinch.He told me it will hurt more for the following few treatments until my ligaments start the healing process.I also know that I have to pay for my prolo out of pocket because insurances won't cover it..My Dr. has been doing prolo for 30 years and the FDA won't approve it and you want to know why? Because it is a cheap remedy to fixing you and the insurace companies won't make any money.Do you also know that cortisone shots are the worst to get?They actually make it worse for you.They stop the healing process. I hope that this has helped you Lissa. Take care and good luck on your prolotherapy!

hope you have gotten used to prolo by now... I have had dozens and dozens of prolo sessions over the past ten years for the tendonitis all over from my hard labor as a tree care person and landscaping. Every time I see another person with one of those crazy things on their elbow I know that WAS me over ten years ago (my severely hurting elbow tendons were the first to be healed). My naturopath in OR here uses needles I can barely feel and even can use pumice in a back injection for extra effect and strength.