I had predisone injection injection 1 week ago.Pain is back.I have calcium in my shoulder.What can ba done ?

Late, but if this helps anyone so be it. I had a calcium deposit on a tendon in my right shoulder due to an old injury years earlier and had a lot of continuing pain,got a x-ray which showed the calcium deposit and I was then injected with a mixture of I believe lidocaine and cortizone,it helped somewhat with inflammation,pain and movement and I've had 2 more cortizone injections in the same shoulder since then over a 3 year period,with the most recent x-ray and shot being last week 3-11-08 and the x-ray showed that the calcium deposit was no longer there.....??,but the Dr. said there where some degenerative changes to my shoulder joint(I wonder if the cortisone injections excellerated the degeneration of the cartilage in my shoulder as I have read that cortisone injections will degenerate cartilage after a while or repeated injections,as the cortisone softens the cartilage(not good) and making it subceptible to increased wear and tear,like orthopedic micro-shaving of damaged cartilage.My orthopedic doctor said sometimes the cortisone shots will dissipate the deposit...?,so I will have to assume he is correct in that respect,as the x-ray shows the deposit is no longer there.I personally have heard that cortisone shots where not good(in the long run) for joint health and wondered why? Today I did some research and read about Prolotherapy and found it informative and a interesting discussion on why not to get cortisone injections.(10 reasons why not to get cortisone injections)Do a google search on prolotherapy maybe it will help or be a better alternative than cortisone injections as it appears from my reading it would be a better deal.