I have been experiencing pain in my elbow for the last 3 weeks.  I have consulted with a doctor on the matter, and he prescribed anti-inflammatories and pain relievers.  Unfortunately, they have not worked.  Yet the even more strange part is that every time I breath deeply, my elbow tingles.  I don't remember hitting my elbow sharply against anything, and I did work out 3-4 times a week prior to the injury.

At first the doctor believed I had bursitis, but now says it does not seem to be the case.  My elbow is swelled, but and is quite tender. 

I recently began lifting weights again, and I have exactly the same symptoms. Tendonitis? The outside of you elbow (pointy bone) is where the tendons attach and if that are is sore it's likely to be that (tendonitis). It's very strange that breathing in, (especially deeply as you say) triggers pain.

Fell on my elbow not too long ago, my upper forearm towards my elbow hurts when i twist my wrist, and when i exhale deeply my elbow hurts aswell..