Shoulder and elbow pain and aches. So I fell from a ladder back in January and have seen multiple doctors about my issue. I landed flat on my right shoulder and right elbow. My shoulder swelled up for a day then subsided. I felt constant aches and pain from my shoulder and notice clicking and minor pains when I raise my arm straight out to the side above my shoulder, and my elbow constantly aches along with my shoulder. Deffinetly gets worse at night if I happen to sleep on my shoulder and also in the morning but subsides slightly through the day with minor discomfort but still constantly aches in my shoulder and elbow all day. Its been four and a half months now and still the constant aching mostly in the front of my shoulder and in my elbow. When I do tasks over my shoulder it doesn't take too long maybe a minute or two before I'm arm starts to burn and my elbow goes numb. I had an MRI a couple months ago and the specialist told me I have a minor labral tear that should heal itself and an AC separation since my collarbone where it meets pretrudes slightly and I experience pain if its touched. He gave me a cortisone shot and prescribed me anti inflammatories along with pt. The cortisone shot didn't help too much but I did get minor relief in my shoulder specially the joint where the labral issue would be and some relief with the AC joint but took about a week after the shot before I experienced relief. Like I said that was a couple months ago and a lot of pt. Now I just have this constant ache and pain in my shoulder which is still worse at night and morning but subsides slightly through the day. I have limited range of motion with my shoulder and still experience numbness in my elbow while doing tasks above my shoulder. Any help would be great.

I also have shoulder pain and a diagnosed labral tear, due to a fall while practicing Aikido.

I can tell you this:

1) shoulder pain can last for many months/years

2) avoid cortisone, it can weaken the tendons, and apparently in the long term does not help!

3) MRI is not very sensitive when it comes to labral tears. Did you have an arthogram instead? this test includes the use of contrast liquid, to better see a possible labral avulsion. Notice though that even this is not too sensitive (especially for Perthes lesions).All this does not mean you don't have a tear: in fact you could have one, and something else too. Or your tear might be bigger...or just not be there at all: only arthroscopy could shed some light.

4) Doctors often do not know what is causing the pain...a tear can have no symptoms (when we age the carthilages tend to fray and become weaker)

I would continue with PT, and also take maybe glucosamine, unless pain is stopping you from doing the things you love, or your range of motion/strength are severely affected.....

Yes I did get an arthogram and they found the tear but said it was insignificant and should heal itself. They also found that I have an AC separation and a ton of arthritis in my shoulder told me it could take surgery, but when it came time that surgery was the only option my doctors decided it wasn't significant enough for surgery. They completely released me to full duty to my job after having me on light duty for three months. I still can't perform my job completely and because of that my work has refused to return me to my position or any position, so now I'm sitting on unemployment.

I am sorry about your job, it must be tough...
What kind of tear did they find and how big?(if they told you that is)...frayed labrum is somehow less problematic that avulsion (detachment), but that does not mean they cannot heal...

The other tip is to use heat (or cold if you just strained it)...acopuncture I never tried myself

You should consult with orthopedic or chiropractor to reduce shoulder and elbow aches and pain.