Hi! I had some medical problems and I went do doctor recently. He told me that I had a low thyroid diagnosis. I'm on birth control pills for months. My friend thinks that they can cause my problem. Does anybody know could birth control pill be affecting thyroid glands? Thank you!

As I know, YES! Birth control pills can affect your thyroid. My sister has thyroid problem and she thinks that it was caused by bc pills. Of course, she isn't sure about that but we don't have any other explanation. Maybe, you should stop to use bc pills for awhile and see changes.

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and my doctor just put me on Levoroxine for hypothyroidism at 25 yrs. I have no family history of thyroid problems. But before getting pregnant, I took Ortho-tricycline for over 7 years. I do think taking the "pill" this long has had an affect on my thyroid gland not being able to fully produce the hormones my body needs. The BC replaced my hormones with fake ones and now I believe that my body can not catch up.