I'm on the pill. I missed one, so I took the morning-after pill. Is the birth-control pill enough as contraception now or are further precautions needed?? 8-| Many thanks...

If you only miss one pill, you should be covered. You didn't need to take the plan B, but now you are super covered! It is when you miss two or more pills that you need to use a back up method for at least 7 days after. Of course, missing any pills increases your risk, but if you read the manufacturers label, it says no back up method is needed when only missing one.

Because you took the plan B pill, you may get certain pregnancy like symptoms, such as backaches, tender breasts, fatigue, all that junk. I just started my period after a plan B / birth control incident. I had sore breasts for like 2 weeks and was really tired. The hormones in Plan B can really screw with your system. You may even experience some bleeding about a week after taking Plan B.

emmybear22 wrote:

Many thanks for your reply!

I have read that it depends on what birth-control pill you are on.
Only 1 missing pill should be ok.
I guess the best thing to do is to ask and check your manufacturers label!

I did the same thing - I'm on the pill, but there were 2 times that I took a pill late this month...not 2 in a row, but 2 instances, so I took the Plan B. That was 3 days ago and I've been having some light breakthrough bleeding ever since. I'm supposed to get my period in a week...Do you think I'm getting it early or that this is just a response to all the hormones flowing through me?

my period ended on a Sunday, I had sex later that night..and the condom slipped off. So just to be sure, I took the morning after pill the next day. The day after that, I had an appointment to go on birth control. I started the pills that day...I'm hoping my period will come late or right on time because I'm going on vacation. Is is common for my period to come late?

well seeing from these comments i guess ill be safe wih my situation. but just to make sure i want to ask a question too. im on the pill necon.... im 20 And i still dont want to come out pregnant. my boyfriend and i did something saturday and one of us finished but we didnt know who finished because he didnt feel anything and it felt too good for me to notice im allergic to latex so it sucks that i cant use a condom (im sorry to mention details) but now its sunday going into monday and im really scared that something could of happened even though ive been taken my regular pill everyday. so i feel like i should take plan b just to be safe. is that a good idea?

Just had a question. My girlfriend has been on bc for a few years rarely missing any pillls. Recently the condom broke twice....Just wondering if there is any need for the plan-B pill. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

rty wrote:

--regular pills and condom? i would say no need for day after pill because condom broke.

Sorry to intrude, but i have a question. My gf is on birth control pills. She's been really good on taking them. I also try and use a condom when we have sex. Sometimes we'll do without one for a min or two. Anyways now we want to try and have regular sex multiple times without a condom although shes on bc pills. Should we try the morning after pill plan b after we have sex? Or are we good. We dont wanna be parents! lol any help would be nice. Thanks

this is my situation
ive been vomiting on the pill
then i took anitbiotics which make the pill not work in some situations
then my condom broke before my boyfriend ejaculated...
now im like bleeding a little bit?
so what do i do? I have the money for a morning after pill, shall i go a get it? and do you know if i can take it while on the normal pill and still continue taking the normal pill?

PLEASE HELP
x

hi, i just had a few questions.

well, ive been on the pill for awhile now and my period is very regular. i start it every tuesday of the last row for each set of pills i get. anyways, ive missed a pill one month and my period was still regular. i even missed 2 one time, and it was still regular that month.

me and my boyfriend just had sex today and im a bit worried thoughh. we didnt use a condom for like a moment and idk if he had any cum on him or not because he had lotion on him. this has happened to us before, but nothing happened. i missed my pill the day before yesterday though and ended up taking that pill, as well as my original day pill. so i took both.

i was a bit curious to whether or not it would be smart to take the day after pill. i would be scared if it messed with my period, because i would be worrying about that. which btw, im supposed to start it this tuesday, so idk if i am obvulating(sp) or what. lol but yet i would rather be safe than sorry. maybe a word of advise? or some facts? it would be much appreciated!! thank you!! 

I'm on birth control right now. Last night I had unprotected sex...he pulled out and said he was sure he didn't finish anywhere inside me.  Not to be too graphic, but he just put it back in right after the first time he finished but pulled out again before anything else could happen.  Everyone is trying to convince me I'm fine because of birth control but I'm not so sure.  I have breakthrough bleeding every month so my doctor told me I may have an absorption issue.  Does that mean the pill is not working at all and that I should get the morning after pill? Please someone help =(

If she is on the pill taking it regularly u are fine.

Hi I'm really scared and idk if I should take the morning after pill. Im have only been on bc for a week and my bf finish inside me. I haven't missed any of the pill. What should I do? I really don't want to b pregnant.

so my boyfriend and i messed around yesterday and i was late on taking my bc pill by a day so i took the missed days and yesterday together should i still get the day after pill or should i be okay i just swiched my birthcontrol back to loestrin i was on loestrin 24 then i switched to lo loestrin last month and this month i am back on loestrin 24