This is the first time taking birth control pills. I stopped taking it 3 days ago cause I been sick throwing up for about a few weeks now. I started taking the birth control pills 2 months ago. I was also taking diet pills, i stopped taking them over a week now to see if it's because of them. Cause I started getting sicker with taking them. The past week now I been having more signs of pregnancy. I'm having the same signs as I did when I was pregnant with my daughter. I can't eat meat, some meat just the smell gets to me and I loved to eat certian meat, but I can't now, even thinking about it turns my stomache, thats how I was when I was pg before. So I stopped taking my birth control 3 days ago. Yesterday I had light brown spotting, I could barely see it and some cramping. Last night my husband and I had sex, so when I woke up this morning I had pink spotting, More visible then yesterday spotting and my back and stomache have been cramping worse too. I went to the bathroom again nothing, then I spotted very light pink again but barely could see it. I just went to the bathroom now, nothing. It's weird. I'm not supose to get my period for another 2 weeks. With the spotting situation there's times I would get this way when I would get my period. I didn't have any spotting when I was pg before. So I don't know what to think. I was taking the birth control to regulate my period so I don't care if i'm pregnant or not, but since i was getting signs my hopes are a little up. I know I need to take a pg test my husband keeps telling me too, but I'm scared it'll come out neg. because I think it's too soon. Then I'll go back on my pill and diet pills then turning out I am pregnant. I read that some women won't find out the are pg until they are 5-6 mons because the birth control would make them have their period. I also read when you stop your birth contol you can go through withdrawal bleeding. Now can you still be pregnant if you go through withdrawal bleeding? or could it be that I might be going through implantation because I'm pregnant? or not pregnant and be going through my period early? I stopped my birth control cause I thought I might be pregnant. Does any have any advice or has been through this too. Sorry it's long, just confused. Thanx :O

I know what you mean I quit taking my birth control 3 days ago to because I think I might be pg because my back and stomach have both been hurting bad. But then I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom and there was blood. I was going to take a test to but its to early to tell because my next period is supposed to be April 19 or something around there. If you ever get and answer share it with me please. that would be really helpful

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I am going thru the same thing...ive been on bc for 4 months...I took my first week of bc stopped on a Sunday bc I was experiencing fatigue and backaches...well, started bleeding 5 days later which lasted for 3 days...its been a week since the bleeding...Have any of you guys took the HPT yet?? Are u pregnant? Could I be Pregnant??

I stopped takin birth control a week ago bc I have been havin signs of bein pregnant. After havin sex I noticed some spotting. I got up this mornin and was bleeding. I was told it's normal for that to happen just gettin off the pill but I'm crampin in both my stomach and back. I don't know for sure what it is because it's still to soon for a pg test.

Same thing is happening to me... So my body was acting really weird and I had a bunch of early pregnancy symptoms so I stopped taking my birth control pill (ortho tricylin) on may 11 and on may 15 I started bleeding. Is it possible I'm still pregnant since some people get there last period? My period isn't suppose to come for 2 weeks. Thanks..

I sure wish someone would answer this question! My boobs are huge, sense of smell is insane, head aches, insomnia at night then feel like sleeping all day, clothes are fitting tight. I missed 1 bc pill 2 weeks ago and caught up the next day. After all these signs it made me want to quit to see if I started agian and I did... but my body is NEVER like this. OH and my face is constantly breaking out too and that has never been a problem. If I do get that positive I will try super hard to remember to answer this.

I agree! I'm so confused because I too took only a few pills before starting to have preg symptoms - fatigue, sense of smell increased, getting more emotional etc. - and I think I had my withdrawal bleed.  But it was EXTREMELY light and short for what I normally get.  I don't have that "I'm pregnant" feeling but I definitely don't feel right... really really wish these folks would come back and tell us if they were preg or not...

Looks like everyone is having the same affect... I was told bc does that to you.. Makes your body think your pregnant so that it doesn't release eggs.... And that's where all the pregnancy symptoms come in... I say makes perfect sense.. I could be won't though

Oh my goodness I wish someone would remember to write their finally results on this, because everything on here is pretty much what I am going through. I've been taking bc for over 3 years to regulate my periods and I took 2 pills late a couple weeks ago but caught up and had a normal period the next week and now this past week and a half I've been hormonal, boobs sore, and can't stand the sight, smell, or taste of meat which I normally love. I stopped taking my bc three days ago because I think I may be pregnant, and so me and my husband have had unprotected sex for the past few nights because now we are both excited to possibly have a beautiful baby. I took a test last week and said neg so I'm gonna wait a week or two again. I wish someone would write back on this. :)

When you take birth control its suppose to give u symptoms of being pregnant, nausia, back pain, sore or bigger breasts, etc., its also suppose to regulate ur period so if u stop, u may spot due to the fact u stopped

yes it is ! i did the same thing. Was pregnant and didnt know it. Finished a cycle of birth control pills and had a period (due to the decrease in birth control hormones with the "off" week) , later to find out I was pregnant while taking almost a whole month of pills. So it was never a real period. I took a pg test bc I was extremely nauseous for weeks. Everything wound up ok and baby was healthy.

same thing happened to me. I did a home pt and it came out positive so i stopped taking my bc  3 days ago. now i am bleeding. what does that mean?

I think I might be pregnant so I stoped my bc pills. This is my third day off. No sign of period yet. I also missed 3 pills on and off the first 2 weeks of my pill pack. 4 his has happened before but period came 3 days after. I have also taken 3 hot and all negative.