I need help!! Carifairy, I've read some of your replies and I really would like to talk to you personally via messenger or something... =/

I am 16 years old. I have been on birth control (ortho tricyclen lo) for a little over a year now. I've been taking them regularly for the most part... Ive only had one incident where I took 2 pills late and another where I completely missed one bc I dropped in into a sewer.. The first incident was in May and the sewer incident was in early October. I got my period shortly after the sewer incident on the 9th of october (colombus day)

I had unprotected sex about a week or so after my period was over which, i think, is my most fertile time or something... My bf also ejaculated in me.

I don't keep track of my menstrual cycle (I know, i should. I'll start right away!!!) so I don't know if I'm late or not... but from what I can see from my birth control pills, i will be taking my 3rd spacer/inactive/green pill tonight. And i still have no symptoms of an upcoming period (like moodiness, bc i usually do get moody... no cramps either). I took two pregnancy tests (first response) and they both came up as negative..

And when I wiped after I urinated just earlier, I saw some pinkish-ness. (implantation bleeding!?????) it was very very veryyyy faint. I can't even call it blood.

And bc of all this nervousness.. I think i even think my abdomen is much bigger than usual. I am a pretty small person. Usually weighing 100 lbs. i now weigh 103, im hoping to god i just gained weight bc i eat too much....... =(

I am very worried. Shoud I be worried? When should I start to really worry?

And IF I am pregnant, I am going to get an abortion. (I am pro-choice) I live in NJ and I would also like to know the laws regarding parental conset and notification.... It would help very much.

I am a patient at my local planned parenthood. they provide my birth control pills and such.... but its not easy for me to get there.

PLEASE HELP

**edited by moderator**

I forgot to mention this, but I also had Thyroid Cancer earlier this year and had to get a total thyroidectomy... (both my thyroids were completely removed) and I have been on a synthroid pills... to replace the thyroid hormones i am noow lacking.

Maybe, this affected the birthcontrol's full effectiveness?

You are not fertile on birth control, it stops ovulation =)

MOST women do not have a period until the 3-4th inactive pill, so hopefully your period will come soon.

A preganncy test would be accurate now, and if it would ease your worry, then you it is a good idea.

I was 15 when I got pregnant with my first and had him at 16, it was hard for awhile because of the drastic lifestyle change.. but I wouldn't have it any other way. He saved my life. On your question, a few missed pills aren't going to make much of a difference, as long as it doesn't become a habit. You should be fine, but I would talk to a family planning nurse if you don't get your period soon. Hope that helps, Good luck and God Bless.

To the 1st guest: You are rude, if a 16 year old is on birth control then yes she is protecting herself. You are an adult and it is wrong for you to say that you wish she gets herpes! I'm 18 btw, I hope YOU get herpes! You were a young pregnant mother and you know how hard it was, so dont take your anger out on someone else who is young just as you were >;) !

To the guest: You are rude! If a teenage is sexually active and she's using birthcontrol pills, then no she is not being lazy and she is infact using protection. If you were pregnant when you were young, then you should understand exactly what this girl is avoiding; dont be cynical and take out your anger on someone else. I hope YOU get HERPES--learn how to spell. >:(

i wanted to say that i hope for the best for you, i was on the same road that you are on now, i got pregnant and didnt know what to do. when i told my bf he was like OMG..but i was in my last year of high school and really didnt want to deal with the people i went to school with, saying things, and my parents were there no matter what, but i knew what i had to do and i got an abortion, sometimes i think about how would my life be if i would have had the baby, but i think you are a smart girl and you will do the right thing and i hope for the best good luck and god bless...

I think that all of you saying " I hope you get Herpes" are being immature. Most of you were teen mothers. So you all should know what she is going through. GROW up and help her.

To the 16 year old.
I hope everything works out. I am only 15 and have never had a kid but I hope that this will help........All you can do is wait it out. BUT I would take a pregnancy test and would ask your doctor about continuing the birth control encase you are pregnant. So that you have a healthy baby. Also with that I hope you do have the baby. Abortion is wrong although I am not trying to lecture you=). You could just have the baby and give it up for adoption. Sometimes they let you interview the couple that will be adopting and let you decide. I would do that and that way you will know your baby is going to grow up in a nice environment. I STRONGLY suggest NOT having a abortion because one of the girls who said I hope you get herpes...was right when she said that it could grow up to be a doctor and cure cancer. But I do hope you get everything figured out. Good Luck God Bless.

I think you should ignore the post that the above guest posted (about you getting herpes and such).
I personally want to applaud you for being pro-active and going on birth-control. You should be commended for that and it should not be overlooked. Sometimes despite our best efforts, 'life' happens.
If you are pregnant, you should consider adoption before you think of abortion, but if you don't think it's something you can handle, then do what you feel is best.
Learn from your mistakes and I wish you all the best.

First, of all, you are on birth control! You seem to be taking it very regularly, except for those couple exceptions that you mentioned. Am I missing something or is this flying right over everyone's heads? Even when you are on the inactive pills, it is perfectly safe to have sex. You should not get pregnant even if you are not using condoms AND even if he ejaculates in you. (Of course, lack of condom = lack of protection from STIs/STDs/etc...) That's what birth control is for.

Or am I just missing something?

to the first guest who said she wished the 16 year old got herpes WTF are you thinkin? would you say that to your kid if that was her choice?? some 16 yr old cant handle a kid and have no help to raise one...adoption is a good choice yes but for starters it costs money..money some people dont have and as an adopted person let me tell you not all adopted kids are well adjusted as people would like to think. im not for abortion in anyway but shes the one who has to deal with the emotional damage her whole life and it could possibly affect her should she have childeren later in life. she should still do whats best for her either way