Hello! I am 26 years old female and in the last two years I started having severe cramps during my periods. When I was young I had no symptoms what so ever, but now they are becoming severe. What is worse cramping is followed by diahrea and nausea. This is so irritating, I just don’t know what to do!!!! Any ideas? I would appreciate any info!!!!

Hi there! You are 26 and ready for reproduction, I believe your body is telling you this in a funny way. That was just a consumption, now the scientific part.
Cramps are caused by hormones called prostaglandins, which cause painful cramping of the uterus during menstruation. The production of prostaglandins in the uterus is stimulated by the hormone progesterone, which is made by the ovary after ovulation has occurred. These prostaglandins affect other organs as well. Cramps are treated with medications. It would be best if you visited a gynecologist, so that s/he can give you proper advice.