I am 3 months pregnant and would like to know if pregnancy cramps are normal? I have been experiencing them lately. What can I do to get rid of them? Can someone tell me how these cramps occur and why? Thanks

Pregnancy cramps can result from a deficiency of certain minerals. Pregnant women often have a lack of magnesium, calcium and vitamin D which the unborn child takes from their metabolism, when it is growing. Now, you have not told me if you visited your doctor about these cramps? If not, you should go to your gynecologist to proscribe you some medication. But first you need to be examined to know for sure what is causing your cramps. Your gynecologist can give you prescription of magnesium and calcium tablets, of course, if this is a case with you. A lack of magnesium and calcium can also be compensated with a nutrition which is rich in these two minerals. Bananas, green vegetables, spinach, nuts and dairy products are one of those. It is also recommended to drink mineral water which contains a high amount of magnesium. When you experience a cramp in the heel or the calf, to ease yourself, you should press your heel against the foot of your bed. If your bed doesn't have a foot, you should get up and stand on the leg in which you experience the cramp. I hope that this will help you.

i am 29 years old and i was on depoprovera shot for a year and half my period seized for twoand half years but returned a mont ago ,my self and my husband wants to enlarge our family so after the stop of my period we practically had sex almost everyother day ,am praying so bad that am pregnant but i feel little pains in my lower abdominal area i don;t know what it could be pls share ur opinion with me thaks

The cramping you are experiencing could be literally anything. It is really hard to say anything because you didn’t provide any details about when your period’s about to start, when your ovulation was, how long your periods usually last, and if there were any other related symptoms.

First of all, it could be something transient, that just happens and then disappears and we never determine what it was, something that you wouldn’t even think about if you weren’t trying to get pregnant. Again, you didn’t say how long you’ve been experiencing these symptoms.

Then, if you are about to get your period soon (a week or so before your period), it could be either implantation bleeding or PMS symptoms.

Implantation cramping may or may not be accompanied by light red spotting that usually lasts for just one day. PMS symptoms could last until you get your period and even during your period.

If you are two weeks before your period, it could be ovulation cramping.

As, you can see, these things could be causing the cramping if there were no underlying conditions.

It is quite normal, it is the uterus expanding as your baby grows

i have been getting cramps quite bad today on the left side i would like to know if i should consult my doctor

i am experiencing the same thing. at first i thought it was my menstrual cramps from a no show period. i was happy to hear that it is our uterus growing as the baby grows.

If the cramps are bad and on one particular side then you might want to see your ob-gyn because it could be a tubal pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is where the egg attaches inside the fallopian tubes and starts to develop there rather then in the uterus. This is very dangerous and could cause hemorrhaging, fever, infection, or even more sever if left untreated. This situation usually requires surgery.

If the cramps are not severe then they could just be your uterus stretching which happens during your pregnancy.

If you are ever unsure, you should ALWAYS see your doctor. It is better to be safe then sorry because it would be a shame to wait until it is too late.

i have been getting right on my side of my abdomal. i have to go to the bathroom more than i did like alot more than i did. my period is almost two weeks late. i have took two pregnancy test and they both have came out negative.me and my husband have sex about 4 times a week im only 19 and really dont want kids im really scared any info would be really helpful.... thanks really scared.

i have been getting pain on my right side of my abdomal. i have to go to the bathroom more than i did like alot more than i did. my period is almost two weeks late. i have took two pregnancy test and they both have came out negative.me and my husband have sex about 4 times a week im only 19 and really dont want kids im really scared any info would be really helpful.... thanks really scared. :cry: