I had symptom of abnormal menstrual bleeding so I visited my gynecologist. He examined me with different methods to reach right diagnosis. Final diagnosis was that I have enlarged uterus with polyps. This sounds terrifying to me, so I wonder if you could tell me anything about it. Are these polyps dangerous for me?

If ovulation does not occur during long period, the ovary will continue making estrogen, causing the endometrium to keep thickening. This often leads to a late menstrual period followed by irregular bleeding and spotting, which you probably experienced. This can also result in endometrial polyps, or in extreme long-standing cases, it might lead to cancer of the lining of the uterus. This is rare condition, while enlarged uterus with polyps is common and not so dangerous. Endometrial polyps are growths in the lining of the uterus that are actually very common. Good news is that polyps of uterus are usually benign. They hang from the lining of the uterus like figs, but at times can be rather flat. Polyps may result from long-term estrogen stimulation such as occurs from extended periods of not ovulating. Your problem could also be caused because of taking estrogen hormones without any progesterone. I recommend you not to worry too much, just follow any treatment your gynecologist might prescribe to you.

hey guys. Well, the good thing about enlarged uterus with polyps is that it's benign and harmless in most cases. So, that is something you shouldn't be worried about. But, there are exceptions, and they are bad because enlarged uterus with polyps might evolve in a form of cancer, uterine or cervical. And that is bad. I strongly suggest you visit your gynecologist and he will know what to prescribe for you. Also, you should tell us more about your issue, write about your symptoms, because we don't know much about them. Go to your gynecologist, let us know what he told you.