Hi, I’m 7 ½ months pregnant and still have cramps. I remember cramps in my lower stomach that I felt 7 months ago, when I found out that test was positive. What does it mean in 7th month? Should I be worried? My gun told me everything was ok last time I visited him

I experienced leg cramps during last three months of pregnancy. I had varicose veins and severe rib pain but that’s all the part of the show. Your baby sleeps and wakes in your stomach, it moves, it’s active. So the cramps are absolutely normal until the delivery. You shouldn’t be worried. Relax; your feelings have influence on your baby.

Hello there wanetta, 

Chances are that the abdominal cramping you experience now is not the same as the cramping you experienced back then. The feeling might be similar, but the cause is probably different. If there are no other worrying signs, such as pain, spotting, discharge… chances are that these might be caused by the growing baby, as bair explained.

There is also another reason for experiencing cramps this far close to the delivery. Some women, if not all, experience false, or Braxton-Hicks contractions. They are basically the way your uterus is preparing for the delivery. Some extra rest and regular checkups are all it takes to be safe, in this case. And definitely, easing off stress, no matter how hard this might be. That is the best for both you and the baby.